Influence 40 Minute Selection *Feedback Appreciated!*

0riginal Ninja

Overlook
hello! just finished this thought i would share it :)
40 minutes long, beatmatching isnt 100%, feedback appreciated!

http://dnbshare.com/download/forfucksakethisbetterbealrightmix.mp3.html

B Complex - Beautiful Lies
>> Cyantific & Logistics - Flashback
Ed Rush & Optical - Chubrub
Rico & Scoop - Dragon Scroll (Prolix Remix)
DJ Fresh - Heavyweight
Lomax - Artisan VIP
High Contrast - Twilights Last Gleaming
>> Steve Angello & Laidback Luke - Show Me Love (Blame Remix)
Subfocus - Rock It
Friction & K Tee - Set It Off
High Contrast - The Bassment Track (Upstairs Downstairs Remix)
DJ Fresh - Fantazia
Spor - Do Not Shake
Noisia - Stigma
Gappa G & Hypa Hypa - Information Centre (Bladerunner Remix)
Tyke & Recipe - Try It Out

I hate to say it but some of these tracks really don't go well together at all, really really need to look at how the mix flows. Twilights into Rock It was just horrible, sorry dude. Also so of the structure was a bit iffy, like Set It Off just cuts and i think it was a bar early when dropped with Rock It. I feel a proper sit down is needed, try lots of different tunes over and over until it flows. I spend hours gettin the tracklist right! I really like all the tracks, I just woulda ordered them differently.

Your eqing has got fucking loads better tho, really impressed with that man!

I think this was mainly down to trying to get things locked but a few times tunes sorta sprung outta nowhere, that'll just come with time so not to worry.

Hope that helps.

thanks for checking it out russ, yeah i totally agree about some of the tunes not working together, i think thats down to me just rushing to get a mix out. im gonna spend quite some time on my next mix, ill use mixes that work with each other.

i think these mixes have potential?

B Complex - Beautiful Lies
>> Cyantific & Logistics - Flashback
Ed Rush & Optical - Chubrub
Rico & Scoop - Dragon Scroll (Prolix Remix)
DJ Fresh - Heavyweight
Lomax - Artisan VIP

i feel like ive come quite far from the last time you saw me, im always practicing every day, im actually eqing now which i have you to thank for, and im my main goal is to play whitelabel, i know its getting alot bigger now and the standard is high but i feel like with a little bit of help me and joe could reach the standard of a first set.

thanks again

Yeah I can tell it was a bit of a thrown together mix so now you know, I except big things for the next one lol!

That selection you posted is good yeah, but again going from liquid to jumpy tunes is a really hard thing to do successfully. I.e Beutiful Lies into Chubrub aint my cup of tea but thereafter works really well!

I can deffo see improvement so a final word, rememeber to constantly keep on the EQs, gradually taking the tops off and mids so that when the tune in completely removed its not noticable. And again when bringing in tunes try to keep it smooth and clean.

Peace.

im just dissapointed you included rock it, sort of ruins the vibe the rest of the tracklist gives.

very very true, shame about the grimey vocals tho

I actually like the vocals, especially at the breakdown- builds it back up alot better than the original.

Mix on the D/L

And when was heavyweight released?

Mustve been under a rock or something, been waiting for that tune for fucking ages...

:S

Back
Top Bottom