Industry Standard CD decks

smp3000

en.lux
Sup guys,

I'm a dnb DJ in KS in the states and have been on a 5 year hiatus after spinning for 6 years. I had a weekly for a while in Arizona under Aztek promotions and Mifffed, SD.

Anyway- I want to get back in the dnb game as the music is just too big a part of my life. but this time around I want to go trhe CD route as I was never a scratcher and the thought of having new chunes as soon as they come out makes me drool.

But since I've been gone I'm not up-to-speed on what CD decks or mixers for such are the industry standards.

Any help would be great! :borat:

what about mixers- vestax pmc05 Pro still the standard? I know it was for most all dnb Dj's spinning wax, but not so sure now that the trend has shifted.

They're standard in the sense that the most clubs have them and the 800s. Not all, perhaps not even half. Excellent but pricey.

The problem with cd decks is that they you can get used to quality, say a CDJ 1000 but then have to play on something crap, say a CDJ 100 and then you're in trouble. There isn't a standard like MK2s - which are everywhere and the least you can count on. So to be safe you have to carry your decks around.

Also - don't count on getting the absolute newest promos and dubs on mp3. They still get released as vinyl first - mostly.

yeah i used to have a vestax pmc200 or whatever with 4 channels. I liked having the other channels as also had a boss 303 dr. sample I used a lot for samples. Not sure what I'll do but likely go with a vestax again just would probably want more than just two channels like the 05pro has.

Ive seen a Vestax go down 20 flights of stairs and still work. On that same note. My DJM 500 once had a whole beer spilled inside...and that still works 5 years later :shrugs:

I hate the P200s, expensive but nasty build and limited spec. In that price range Axis 8 or 9 as much better with many more options such as bpm range and effects.

i got cdj 800's and they are excellent! i'm running a numark dm1050, pretty basic but works ok and after i sold my soul 2 buy the 800's couldnt afford anything better!

hehehe I'm looking at both the 800's and the 1000's- we'l see what I end up with - it'll be a few months.. Mixer wise I'd love to stay with Vestax. Mine gave me 6 years of great mixing.

Back
Top Bottom