Indian Dubstep - Early stages, work in progress

I like it so far. It all gets a bit muddy after the drop, but I'd like to hear it when it's finished.

Thanks.

@funkmod I've got hi hats in there, are they not coming through very well?

@subprime yeah I need to eq n sort out the volumes properly, but normally with bass synths is it better to have more mid than high? Or less mid but with some low and high? N how low in freqs should I go roughly?

perfect intro ... very good melody and harmony ... u got the sence ... but also agree with cluster ... mix that vocals and eq the bass ... will be great ...
p.s. i also have new stuff, check it ;) Twisted Scientist Project

yeah man can see what ur going for, i really like the intro, the drums dnt cut through quite enough on the drop, need some more high end in there for sure.
boost the vocals then i think it will be sounding much better, maybe grit up the bass a little bit aswell n see where that takes you!

nice sounds, nice ideas, think u need to get a bit of auto-tune on the vocal to get it fitting perfectly (mayb a slow attack-release midi sync of sum kind), couple of notes out of tune, vocals need to be much higher in the mix to, nice start tho

@evezdroppin - ive added a lil more high end to my kick n snare which should bring em in the mix a lil more n ive routed all the bass sounds to a bus n applied some subtle bitcrushin, hopefully its done the trick

@miszt - thats a great idea with the autotune! ill giv that a go for sure! ive given the vocals some high end n boosted the vol in the mix...only trouble is the vocal is not a clean acapella, which is why i put it low in the mix in the 1st place

heres the update!

I like the ideas you got here mate. Just need to focus on the Eq aspect of it all to give it more power and presence.

Also, just because the vocal sample isnt that good doesnt mean you cant clean it up a bit with a vocoder, chorus and some clever EQ'in!

Back
Top Bottom