in sets

the_voice

VIP Junglist
do u like fresh tracks tomorrows sounds
cus atm not just in jump up lot djs just playing the same stuff

just like to know what u like to hear in sets fresh new dubs or tracks u know and i love

tbh i just wana here tomorrows tracks

what about u >?

bit of both really always like hearing tracks that make you stand still and think "what the fuck is that" but at the same time old tunes can get just as much appreciation

i've heard tomorrows tracks and to be honest they're the same as todays, yesterdays, the day before yesterdays and three weeks ago last tuesdays.

i've heard tomorrows tracks and to be honest they're the same as todays, yesterdays, the day before yesterdays and three weeks ago last tuesdays.

tomrrows dubs

fresh tunes not the same shit
alot djs not jump up ones in all dnb sounds are playing alot of the same stuff

It's all about digging deep alongside the new beats, bring back some good memories. I always prefer to play a lot of stuff that most people might not have heard, it's a nice feeling :)

I like a DJ who plays across the board, simple as. Try and cover all styles and not to be afraid to delve into the past for some classics. I thought you off all people would agree on that voice bro, who doesn't like a bit of nostalgia. Obviously when you go out you want to hear the freshest dubs from all the top labels, don't get me wrong. Doesn't really relate to the thread title, but personally I can't stand stiff DJ's that just stand there are play records. So uninspiring. Marky is a prime example of someone who I always love to see djing becuase he plays to the crowd and really enjoys it.

it's not the same, it just sounds the same* even the producers who last year i thought were pushing boundaries have all now settled into a rythym of producing similar sounding tracks. that's reason 3 why i've stopped buying vinyl.

I'll tell you why voice, are you ready, you will be gobsmacked when I say this.....

Jump Up has NO diversity. It's all too similar. It's true, even if I get shit for saying this, it's absolutely true. How many hundreds of new producers are making jump up? Beacuse it's so easy to make. Deep and liquid is very well constructed and thought out, produced from the heart. I'm not saying jump up isn't well produced, it very much is, but the ideas are all too similar.

"womp womp wobbahwobbah woooomp" :rolleyes:

yeah a whole set of one genre ca nbe a bit to much, liek a whole set of jump up gets a bit much but the same time a whole set of liquid can be a bit dull

Jump Up has NO diversity. It's all too similar. It's true, even if I get shit for saying this, it's absolutely true. How many hundreds of new producers are making jump up? Beacuse it's so easy to make. Deep and liquid is very well constructed and thought out, produced from the heart. I'm not saying jump up isn't well produced, it very much is, but the ideas are all too similar.

i can see where your coming from but that's like saying techstep is just ball bearings in a washing machine or liquid is only for background music

it doesnt help that alot of djs just mix the last 20 tunes added to their collection, so most sub genres end up sounding too similar

Diversity is the key. We like to put a variation of old and new in our sets. Old stuff is good to drop for nostalgia reasons, plus it shows a new generation of heads who may not have been into D&B when these old tracks was doing the rounds. I have had people say to me "Thanks for dropping that tune in your mix. I've never heard of it before, now i'm going to go out and buy it". Its certainly a positive effect for our scene.
New stuff is always good to throw in the mix as well because it's going to appeal to aspiring DJ's, ravers and the chinstrokers. Plus, its nice to bring something fresh to the table.

Diversity is the key. We like to put a variation of old and new in our sets. Old stuff is good to drop for nostalgia reasons, plus it shows a new generation of heads who may not have been into D&B when these old tracks was doing the rounds. I have had people say to me "Thanks for dropping that tune in your mix. I've never heard of it before, now i'm going to go out and buy it". Its certainly a positive effect for our scene.
New stuff is always good to throw in the mix as well because it's going to appeal to aspiring DJ's, ravers and the chinstrokers. Plus, its nice to bring something fresh to the table.

AMEN 2 That Bro!!

shall we do a jump up tune in say an hour! and post it up to show how easy it is to do lol

i dont think i could do it as i would probs kill myself having to listen to it for an hour lol

BUT JUMP UP HAS BROUGHT MANY NEW HEADS TO THE SCENE SO WE CANT HATE ON IT FOR THAT REASON!

For the majority of people, jump-up is a gateway genre. Much like cannabis is a gateway drug.

I'll tell you why voice, are you ready, you will be gobsmacked when I say this.....

"womp womp wobbahwobbah woooomp" :rolleyes:

To be honest with you mate i think your just moaning for the sake of it. You obviously dont like jump up, therefore you dont listen to it with as much passion as you would with "deep and liquid". And if you ask me liquid is much more repetitive than jump up.

Also, perhaps new producers make jump up because its what they like? I know i wouldnt make music that i dont like because its easy.

oh yea and you talk about jump up having no diversity. Then insult everything that jump up is. Now thats not very diverse is it?

To be honest with you mate i think your just moaning for the sake of it. You obviously dont like jump up, therefore you dont listen to it with as much passion as you would with "deep and liquid". And if you ask me liquid is much more repetitive than jump up.

Also, perhaps new producers make jump up because its what they like? I know i wouldnt make music that i dont like because its easy.

oh yea and you talk about jump up having no diversity. Then insult everything that jump up is. Now thats not very diverse is it?

Each to there own mate, no need to take the gloves off lol :boxing:

Back
Top Bottom