In need of your thoughts

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
So recently I've been thinking about my artist name. As most of you regulars know, it is currently "Dimenzion-X". However, as time goes by I'm just not feelin it. It was one of those things that just came into my head when opening a soundcloud account, but I'm no longer happy with it.

I feel it doesnt catch, isnt memorable, and just doesnt tell anything about me.

So what I'm asking you guys is;

#1 - Is Dimenzion-X really as bad as I currently think it is?
#2 - How did you guys come up with your artist names?
#3 - Do you dance like this?:jackson:

1. sorry but i think it has hints of cheese
2. i dont have an artist name really, just use this handle all over the interwebs, everytime i try to come up with an artist name i end up thinking its gash n scrap it
3. good heavens no, to dance in that manner would be unsavoury

#1 - kinda, but i have a thing against "misspelled" names (for no real reason)
#2 - redbeard was given to me by my friends (my beard is reddish, my hair is brownish)
#3 - i don't dance, but if i did it would be like that

#1 -needs improvement
#2 -My MC came up with it, just think if any other non-music hobby that you have (i rock climb and hike big mountains)
#3 -Who doesn't?

(1) D-X sounds to me like a bunch of layabouts who wanna get famous so they get together as a boy band for an x-factor audition :teeth:

(2) the name is a hard one, I don't really need one yet as I'm not putting out anything that I want to be remembered by. 'Trawler' just came into my head, sort of liked the idea of trawling the depths not knowing what you're gonna find.

(3) No, but I do work with young children.

1. im not sure about it to be honest it sounds juvenile to me no offence man trawlers good though nick that :)

2. funny story actualy my bro was out on the pish one night and i met up with him i was sober he was shall we say pixelated? anyway he starts shouting "jawgawn ya cunt fkn jawgawn" at some fellow clubbers im like whos this jawgawn guy cool fkn name lol obviously he was meaning jog on and id never heard of the term before so i stuck it on my psn account and liked it ever since. smurk obviously means half a smile but everyone keeps calling me smurf :/

3. i dance like this ....... unfortunatly . . . with a bit more elbows .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxeHIYTAdJg

I gave in and changed it.

From here on out I shall be known as "Prophet"

Probably equally as shite but it keeps me happy for a few more months lol

might not be perfect, but it's better. plus, you don't REALLY have to think about this until someone wants to pick up one of your tracks. (which may be sooner rather than later based on your last one)

1- Yes.
2- I brainstormed cool words, which could be sort of linked to what I want my tunes to sound like (like Icicle makes some 'cold' sounding beats) and hit thesaurus.com, and made a list and it came down to Basis.
3- Unfortunately not. My dancing just turns into head bobbing or the robot

dimension x to me sounds like some sort of band, in fact really familiar, cant put my finger on it..

i dont know though, back in my music-with-instruments days, i remember the lead singer from korn saying something like, its not the name that defines you, if you make good music the name doesnt matter, and becomes cool anyway haha, something like that..

i dont have a name, i suck at decision making,

im cool i dont dance either

Back
Top Bottom