In need of some technical help (Ableton)

Discussion in 'Production' started by Mr Fletch, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

So I bought a new PC yesterday, lovely piece of kit. Anyway, I've installed Ableton onto it but when I open it up, it's telling me there is no sound device selected, so audio is off?! I went to the preferences tab, and then audio options, Here is where my problem begins......it's not recognising any audio driver whatsoever! It's only the bog standard Realtek High Def sound driver that comes with the PC, but I know Ableton works with it as this was the exact same driver I had on my old PC! So why cant ableton find it?

Any thoughts peeps? I really need some help on this, otherwise my Production days are over!

2. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

tried ASIO4ALL?

3. Nydus

Nydus All in the sig.

I think it's your new computer not recognising the driver, not Ableton.
    Have you tried reinstalling the driver? What audio interface are you using?

4. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

Try seeing if either the manufacturer or Micro$oft updates have any recent drivers available. Also, check in your audio properties setting (via control panel) to make sure the sound card you're wanting to work with has been set as the "default audio device."

As a side note, the fact that you use the shit onboard audio card and still produce such lovely tracks is quite an amazing feat. :)

5. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Thanks for all the support guys......I'm now going to hang myself tho......as I've realised, the only reason it wouldnt find anything, is because I didnt have any speakers or headphones plugged in! Yes, it's true.......I'm that dumb! Apparently my new cpu is so clever, it shuts down the drivers when not in use?!?! who'd have thunk it?

6. DaftFader

DaftFader The Bass Too Dark

You need asio drivers, asio4all is probably the best (if not only) one that isn't designed for a specific sound card and will work with realtek's on-board sound cards.

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

or plug your speakers in ^^

7. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

I tried to think of a solution as I scrolled down the thread then I red this ^ ... I lol'd! :lol:

8. Nydus

Nydus All in the sig.

Haha! Glad it's working.