In need of a opinion

Thee-Jay

Hi fella dnbheads. I'm pretty new, to mixing scene, I've been playin with my BCD3000 till now, but I'm planing to buy some cheap startoff turntables (budget=350€). I have googled around, checked all the information I got but I got stuck deciding between:

Stanton T62 and Gemini TT2000

Please give me a proper answer or a comparation between those 2 turntables. I don't want to read stupid answers, like "cheap low bottom crap, raise your budget" or "get a technics 1210", because I've told you my budget, my dilemma between two decisions and I also told you I'm a "newguy" in the scene. I just want some pros and cons of THOSE TWO items.

Thank you very much :)

Last edited:
technic 1210's if u start off on them you will eventually end up buying technics! always thought everyone that said the same thing was just because they had technics but its true.. they are the best and u can get them cheap off ebay still.

If the stantons are direct drive then get them, don't bother with the gemeni's
If ur patient enough to carry on mixing, refer urself to hyperds post in a years time when ur gonna purchase technics!

hmh. damn... now i got a 3rd item in "dilemma" -.- (update: yes i also believe than in a year or 2 i will purchase technics, but i need something for the start)

Last edited:
Of those two I've only used the Stantons and must say I was very very impressed. Feel really solid, torque on them isn't great for a budget its not going to be amazing. I would say though, have a look on ebay for some vestax pdx2000s. couple of my mates have them and they are beasty and quite often can be found in your budget

yep, stanton's are direct. hm. i'll check out knucklez. (update: checked, prolly couldnt afford 2 of them for my budget :). thx anyways)

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but... did u even read my post? -.-

did read your post but only trying to give you the best advice i can... rather than getting all moody chill out and see that i said.. YOU CAN GET THEM CHEAP OFF EBAY. 300 you canget a pair. just saying! i have mixed on the gemini's and they are shit

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

Of those two I've only used the Stantons and must say I was very very impressed. Feel really solid, torque on them isn't great for a budget its not going to be amazing. I would say though, have a look on ebay for some vestax pdx2000s. couple of my mates have them and they are beasty and quite often can be found in your budget

this... the vestax pdx's are quality. i started on the 2300's got them for £250 second hand. There are absolute bargains out there for second hand turntables u just gotta keep looking

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-Vestax-PD..._HomeAudioHiFi_Turntables&hash=item27ba7f9bac

did read your post but only trying to give you the best advice i can... rather than getting all moody chill out and see that i said.. YOU CAN GET THEM CHEAP OFF EBAY. 300 you canget a pair. just saying! i have mixed on the gemini's and they are shit

no fucking way. a pair of technics costs around 600 minimum here, in slovakia it will be more like 800 i guess ... its just in the uk that 1210's are as cheap ..

ok. thanks :). i will keep on checking for the second hand quality turntables. (i'm from slovenia, not slovakia) anyways prolly i wouldnt be able to get them bellow 600 like "soundclash" said. so if i dont find any in my budget or shippable to my country i'm still looking forward to a proper comparation between the first two items i've mentioned. although most of replies, moved me on the stanton side :)

look at those on ebay... im sure if u contacted the seller u could arrange postage to slovenia to bring it into your budget! thats all i can help with now. hope u find what ya want mate. good luck ;)

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

no fucking way. a pair of technics costs around 600 minimum here, in slovakia it will be more like 800 i guess ... its just in the uk that 1210's are as cheap ..

my mate just got some off ebay for 350! only thing needed was new needles. but yeah suppose your right after looking at ebay! :teeth:

I've also checked on those vestax's you linked me. the guy is selling only to "local pick ups", no delivery =(. otherwise i would order them right now..

I've also checked on those vestax's you linked me. the guy is selling only to "local pick ups", no delivery =(. otherwise i would order them right now..

mate to be fair i struggled to sell mine when i had them.. maybe send him a message saying your interested and im sure he will be happy to quote you ;)

hope you get some mate. for some reason it seems alot easier to get all dj stuff from UK. is there nothing really about from where you live then?

cor tone, that is a blinding little deal, but to answer your question, i'd go for the stantons everytime, id class them a little bit more of a better brand than gemini.

Yes i have to agree with the techinic posts, i bought 2 1200's with decent needles for £320 off thru gumtree, and ive had them for nearly a year with no problems. its ur best option.
as alot of people say, buy lower standards u will buy twice!

not 100% on if they will ship to Slovenia (they probably do) but www.whybuynew.co.uk is a good place for cheap, basically new gear.

comparison between the two? google each one for a review then there ya go :P

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom