In need of a little help

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
So I've recently hit a low point with music production. I'm sure you've all been there, sitting there for countless nights, hour after hour and nothing coming together. Start something, delete, rinse and repeat!

But finally after a few weeks, something is coming together today. However, I've hit a small snag that I need some help with.......

I've written a patch using Rob Papen's Predator and I want to put an automation on the filter cutoff. However, FL Studio only allows you to use automation clips on Fruity software and not VST plugins.

I heard there was a way to link the filter cutoff dial to something else so I can automate but for the love of all things hairy I cannot find it.

So if anyone knows how this is done, and can explain in simple, non technical jaargon I would be forever in your debt.

Thanks a million!
Fletch

So I've recently hit a low point with music production. I'm sure you've all been there, sitting there for countless nights, hour after hour and nothing coming together. Start something, delete, rinse and repeat!

But finally after a few weeks, something is coming together today. However, I've hit a small snag that I need some help with.......

I've written a patch using Rob Papen's Predator and I want to put an automation on the filter cutoff. However, FL Studio only allows you to use automation clips on Fruity software and not VST plugins.

I heard there was a way to link the filter cutoff dial to something else so I can automate but for the love of all things hairy I cannot find it.

So if anyone knows how this is done, and can explain in simple, non technical jaargon I would be forever in your debt.

Thanks a million!
Fletch

Tweak the knob u want, then click on a upper left corner and pick last tweaked parameter :wave: (Last Tweaked Parameter is now under the TOOLS menu at the top left of main FL window.

EDIT : In FL 9 you select "Browse All Parameters" and then there will be a list of all knobs and then u just right click the one u need and create automation clip!

Last edited:
Well I dont know where you're looking but I cant see anything that says "last tweaked parameter". I've checked the tools drop down list, the tools menu in the piano roll, and in the step sequencer. Infact I've checked everywhere and dont see nothing like what you say.

Thanks for your help though.

Can anyone else shed some light on this?

I don't understand this, as automation clips have always worked on all VSTs for me.

Really?? Hmm........

I know you can automate anything that comes pre packed with FL studio, or any other vst created by imageline, made for FL. But 3rd party vst's (the likes of the Rob Papen series, Nord etc etc) you have to link to another controller. This is what I was requesting help with.

Yeah I know what you mean. I'd love to be able to use the pitch slider on Z3ta. shame.

So do you just right click on the dial you want to automate and the option is there? just like you would normally, or do you have to go a different way about it?

Well I dont know where you're looking but I cant see anything that says "last tweaked parameter". I've checked the tools drop down list, the tools menu in the piano roll, and in the step sequencer. Infact I've checked everywhere and dont see nothing like what you say.

Thanks for your help though.

Can anyone else shed some light on this?

0_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFvdX4-Qt28

Back
Top Bottom