'???' in mixes...?!

Sicx

VIP Junglist
I dont understand this, how can someone not know what they've just played? Do artists just get sent random tracks nd then play em out?
I just downloaded this Data mix nd there's this huge track thats just labeled '?' lameeeee
Also, what does the >>> mean in a tracklist?

??? means the track is un-named at the point of recording.
>>> means the track is only teased over the top and then brought back out again.

??? means the track is un-named at the point of recording.
>>> means the track is only teased over the top and then brought back out again.

It means whoever wrote the tracklist doesnt know it. Alot of mixes dont have tracklists released so people have to work it out...

It is does mean that also but thats generally for unknown artists mixes, any big names know what tunes they are playing, full stop.

also quite often people buy records on white label where the centre of the vinyl is blank and then forget what the track was called whe they put it into a mix

Last edited:
i got loads of white label old tunes and i dont have a clue what there called or who there by my record shop used to do 4 tunes for a tenner but u dint no wat u were getting

also, some labels and artists like to keep tunes on 'lockdown'

like this latest ram signing that's still unknown.... just to keep up a bit of suspense and create a hype about said track/artist if it really is a biggie.

Back
Top Bottom