In ear (noise cancelling) Earphones for Djing

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
Can anyone reccomend me some relatively cheap in ear earphones for Djing please?
My headphones are absoloute wank for djing i cant hear a thing because they have no sound attuention.

why dont you get some sennheisers? they tend to be pretty good and not tooo bad priced either.

I got some £40 ones for mixing and they sound pretty good to me (im sure there is alot better about tho), I also got some in ear ones for moi ipod which were about £30, i expect they would be good too...

why dont you get some sennheisers? they tend to be pretty good and not tooo bad priced either.

I got some £40 ones for mixing and they sound pretty good to me (im sure there is alot better about tho), I also got some in ear ones for moi ipod which were about £30, i expect they would be good too...

I do have some sennheisers, cant remember what model they cost me £55 quid and they are pretty wank.
They are good for listening to music or plugging them into your tv or whatever but when I play out I cant hear fuck all.
All I can hear is the sound from the main system, they hardly muffle any background noise.
Its even worse if I dont have monitors I have to cue up with distorted hi hats that i can barely hear.
I have to have the headphones turnt right up and they are still too quiet

yeah thats where your going wrong Sam...why in-ear??

you dont want to use in-ear headphones for mixing with mate...drivers on in-ear are much smaller and are in-capable of necessary volumes needed to be mixed with.

yeah thats where your going wrong Sam...why in-ear??

you dont want to use in-ear headphones for mixing with mate...drivers on in-ear are much smaller and are in-capable of necessary volumes needed to be mixed with.

Im not using in ear earphones atm im using sennheiser hd485 headphones.
I dont think the volume levels matter when all the background sound is blocked out.
I find that I have to have the volume on my headphones nearly to the max which is damaging to my hearing. Its just noise ontop of noise.

Putting a tiny speaker right next to your eardrum at high volume will also damage your hearing, maybe more so.

Try HD25s

Putting a tiny speaker right next to your eardrum at high volume will also damage your hearing, maybe more so.

Try HD25s

Yeah but if they are cancelling most of the noise in the background I wont need to have them up high.

Was looking for something abit cheaper but thanks.
I think im gunna sell my ps3 so I can get a pair.
I was told that the HD485's where good for blocking out background noise.
Are the hd25s that good for playing out live then?
can you hear a lot of background noise when using them?

No DJ headphones are noise cancelling. Noise cancelling involves fruity circuitry, negative feedback loops etc etc. You need noise isolating headphones.

Anyway, try HD-25-SPs, the poor man's Sennheisers. You can get them for 30 squid off ebay, I actually prefer using them live. The SPs are nice and comfy but HD25s pinch my ears.

Get some decent earplugs and wear them under your headphones, that way background noise will be blocked out pretty well and you'll hear your headphones clearer.

ive never tried in-ear myself, but i see the in-ear monitors in catalogs all the time. i know Shure makes some, and i think M-Audio too. ive seen some that cost about $400; i'd expect them to work real well :P

ive also seen A-sides dj with headphones and custom earplugs. so you could do try that too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom