Fire.jpg
[/IMG]

That's my bedroom studio on the left and this is it now
Upto6-11043.jpg
[/IMG]

This is the heat and smoke damage working it's way through the house
Upto6-11005.jpg
[/IMG]

and this is the room next to mine, hard right in the picture above. Spot the difference a closed door made
Upto6-11025.jpg
[/IMG]

So, it can happen, out of the blue. Think about insurance. Also smoke damage is immense and will write off soft furnishings and electrical equipment right through the house. A closed studio door could save your gear from a small and quickly contained fire close by.
Also I discovered my back-up hard drive was in the above room, the only room not damaged, so although it wasn't completely up to date, most of my samples and installers should be saved.

I mean, I'm only a damn noob who does it for fun and it's still devastating, so if you're more serious it's something to think about, especially storing your back-ups somewhere different from your main work area.

Absolutely gutted for you to be honest mate.
Can't imagine seeing my home like that. Jeeesus.
Best of luck with your next steps, hope you can get back on track soon!

Like I posted before, if you need some samples or presets or something, mate. Give me a bell, I'd be glad to help you out and get producing again. It's a sure shame.

LOL Really sorry for what happened! How did the fire started?
i'd also say if u need any samples or some but my sample library is probably smaller than ur back up hd...

That's some serious shit right there. Hopefully the insurance will cover you a new computer and all the other shit that went in flames, glad you're okay.

WOOOAAAHH!!! fukin hell mate....

did you have insurance though?

Thats some deep shit right there man. Hope it all gets sorted soon as poss.

nah I didn't have my own insurance, like an idiot.Yeah it's a bit hard to take in. Actually three weeks ago my wife moved back to the UK with our daughter, which is why the gear was in that main bedroom, made a bit of a boys room to get lost in some music making for a while, take my mind off life. Then bam! all gone.
Absolute kick in the guts.

Cheers for the offer of samples, hopefully my back-up is ok. I'll wait and see when I can actually get a pc again!

Last edited:
Holy fuck man! I'm glad you and your fam are ok. Christ almighty, I'm completely gutted for ya.

Please don't hesitate to hit me up if you need help rebuilding your library. Shoot me a PM and we can work something out.

Also, I'm sending you a PM right now about something else.

Sorry again for this tragedy mate.

Still feeling for you :( So sorry that your stuff was trashed and good point about keeping backups somewhere else, never thought of that at all.

Jesus christ mate, thank god everyone is ok! Proper feel for you mate, I couldn't imagine my possessions just disappearing like that, let alone my music gear. Gutting :(

As others said if you need any samples or installers or whatever hit me up!

Hope you manage to get stuff back on track man

Craig already said it, but you are welcome to stuff from the Stepchild labs...he probably has the most efficient way to get it to you.

Holy fuck! Bad times man!.. Let me know if you need any samples etc when you get back up and running again..

Picked up a laptop on credit, now just need a usb interface (Scarlett 2i2 maybe?) and some decent headphones. Damn it's stupid and expensive not having insurance, even though I didn't have a lot of gear.
Probably miss the 770's the most at the minute, spent so much time wearing them they had kinda moulded to my head. Plus they don't stock them here.

Cheers for all the offers of samples and stuff. I'll deffo shout out when the time comes.

Back
Top Bottom