In a word...Jungle!

just a random question but what ever happened to suburban base ?
edit : also what happened to good music like this?!?!

Last edited:

Towards the end of 1997, Donnelly took the decision to close Suburban Base down. This was to allow him to pursue other new challenges in business and he felt it would be a great injustice to continue running Suburban Base without his full attention. In particular, with the emergence of the speed garage music scene, a genre that derived many elements from jungle and which saw many jungle/drum and bass fans and club-goers defect to this new scene, Donnelly had created a specific sub-label, Quench, for speed garage releases.

i just happen to know this, i didnt copy and paste from wiki or anything ;)

For real, not many labels have stood the test of time. I don't know if it's just a business thing or if it's to do with how DnB has changed over the years.

How many of the Old School Hardcore/Jungle labels are still releasing new tracks upto 2009?

Formation: est 1991 (1989 according to Discogs)

Ram: est 1992

Metalheadz: est 1994

Not sure of any other old school labels actively releasing tracks.

I prefer the old school stuff, but still embrace new DnB. 1992-93 probably my favourite years for tunes. Got into Tech Step in 96 with the likes of Trace, Ed Rush, Future Forces, Dylan, Nico etc and that's now progessed into todays pots n pans of Donny, Current Value, Lucio, Tech Itch etc. :rslayer:

Towards the end of 1997, Donnelly took the decision to close Suburban Base down. This was to allow him to pursue other new challenges in business and he felt it would be a great injustice to continue running Suburban Base without his full attention. In particular, with the emergence of the speed garage music scene, a genre that derived many elements from jungle and which saw many jungle/drum and bass fans and club-goers defect to this new scene, Donnelly had created a specific sub-label, Quench, for speed garage releases.

i just happen to know this, i didnt copy and paste from wiki or anything ;)

lol @ speed garage thats too bad
good knowledge ;)

Back
Top Bottom