Importing wave into Reason 4...

Textbook

BUTTER
VIP Junglist
Im having trouble getting waves' into Reason. (sorry im new to this!)

I can see you can do it through the NN-XT & NN19 samplers..

but im not sure how to just get the wave sample out of it? if that makes sense. im just getting the default sound.

How would i go about just importing the one sound and assigning it to the master keyboard?

Same goes with drum loops etc? so i can just paste a loop onto the page and edit it from there?

any help appreciated!

to get any loops into reason you have to have recycle which will turn that audio into a rex file. to play wav samples in the nnxt or nn19 just right click the sample thats allready loaded and click browse samples. then just choose what you want.

to get any loops into reason you have to have recycle which will turn that audio into a rex file. to play wav samples in the nnxt or nn19 just right click the sample thats allready loaded and click browse samples. then just choose what you want.

whats this recycle business?

also i have done that in the XT, imported a sample, but for some reason i still have the original default sample still playing over the top of it?

Last edited:
whats this recycle business?

also i have done that in the XT, imported a sample, but for some reason i still have the original default sample still playing over the top of it?

If you want a sample on its own in the NNXT...

1) Right click the lower part of the NNXT and click 'Initialise Patch', this will get rid of whatever's already on there.

2) Click on the folder in the lower part of the NNXT to browse for the file you want --> Open it.

3) Voila, the sample will be playable through the piano roll for the NNXT.

:2thumbs:

nice one, got that done.

the piano roll seems to be effecting the tempo, is that normal?

Yeah, because to change the pitch of one sample, it would have to be sped up / slowed down, unless you were to chop it into loads of little bits... Recycle can do this.

Recycle is a must if you're getting into Reason, if I see you round these parts again I'll sort you out ;)

Back
Top Bottom