Imba. - Militant (Dark/techy)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by ImbaDnB, Apr 14, 2013.

1. ImbaDnB

ImbaDnB New Member

First post on the forums... Would love any advice on this one. Will hopefully be seeing more of me around here now, cheers guys!

2. |Lazarus

|Lazarus New Member

Love it mate! The way that sub kicks in is just amazing, the groove of the song itself is amazing.
    The only thing I'd have to say is maybe make the drums punch out a bit more, specially the snare, since that sub is soooooo punchy.
    Don't take my opinion too seriously, I'm not much of a producer myself, but this is definetly good.

Cheers.

(BTW, if you can, leave me some feedback on this: https://soundcloud.com/lazaruspt/int-company-panther-lazarus-1 and this https://soundcloud.com/unethical/int-company-panther, would be appreciated!)

ImbaDnB likes this.
  3. ImbaDnB

ImbaDnB New Member

Thanks for the feedback! Going to sleep now but i'll give them a blast tomorrow through my monitors and let you know what I think :)

4. |Lazarus

|Lazarus New Member

Really appreciated for the feedback, I will review my intro and tighten the mixdown of my solo track and get it mastered by the end of the month.

My sub is a copy of my bass track, with a lowpass at around 90hz, it could play with the mixer channel at 100% but it came to certain parts where it distorted, so what I had to do, to keep it punchy but keep it from distorting, I applied a volume envelope onto it, and lowered it everytime it distorted, I wouldn't do such a thing if the track was to get mastered, I'd just lower the sub volume until it wouldn't distort at all and let the master do rest of the work, like we did with the collab, but yea, you gotta deal with what you have. x) When I send this in for the master, I'll remove the envelope and lower it a bit, so the sub being unbalanced shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Cheers.

5. Jahoozle

Jahoozle New Member

This is lovely, really nice ambient sounds over a solid groove. Good work mate, love the bass synth.

ImbaDnB likes this.
  6. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

Nice tune mate, that resonant sound before the drop was very pleasurable to my ears! haha

ImbaDnB likes this.
  7. ImbaDnB

ImbaDnB New Member

Glad you're all feeling the tracks! If you wanna show some support my facebook page definitely needs some love. Also most of my tunes are unsigned so if anyone knows of any labels that might suit my tracks let me know :)

https://www.facebook.com/Imba.Musik

8. mr meh

mr meh Well-Known Member

yeah nice work mate (y)

ImbaDnB likes this.
  9. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin .

haha i recognise that sound just before the drop :)
    like someone said the groove is sick, the sub is heavy. the high synths sounds a bit harsh in places, maybe just a touch more of eq on it.
    liking alot of your tracks :) big up

ImbaDnB likes this.
  10. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

That's really nice man, cool sounds. Only on my phone so couldn't really hear the low end, but feeling it :)

ImbaDnB likes this.