Drum & Bass Imagination - finished track - feedback is still very appreciated ;) (Free Download)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Mr_DnB, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Mr_DnB

Mr_DnB Member

Hey guys!

Got a lot of good feedback over the last months here therefore i want to show you my newest track ;)

Hope you like it! please leave a comment ;)

greetz martin

2. LVB

LVB Active Member

Re: Imagination - finished track - feedback is still very appreciated ;) (Free Downlo

easy on that sidechain mate! sounds nice though

3. Mr_DnB

Mr_DnB Member

Re: Imagination - finished track - feedback is still very appreciated ;) (Free Downlo

thanks for the reply! is it the sidechain too much?

4. LVB

LVB Active Member

no problem! I think it's a bit too much yeah, you could tone it down just a little ;) interesting bass btw

5. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

Only on Laptop, so shitty speakers, but i think i like it? Really different, i quite like the little hardcore breakdown, would go down well with the Hardcore heads for sure

6. mr meh

mr meh Well-Known Member

interesting tune, sounds big

but yeah try backing off the sidechain a bit

7. Mr_DnB

Mr_DnB Member

Thanks for the feedback guys! :)

It´s my first track which is based on sidechaining. Maybe thats why the sidechain hits too hard :D
    I will keep that in mind, thank you very much.

greetz
    martin

8. kdk

kdk Member

I see what they mean about the side chain, but I like the pumping feel. Maybe if you "unchained" just one or two voice (or added a non-chained pad), to steady the track, while leaving the rest to pump?

There's plenty of room in the highs for a voice, especially if you EQ-down the tops of some of your FX a bit. Once I got to the drop, I really liked the drums. I really like the mid-high voice coming in 1:50 or so. The transition around 2:40 is quite abrupt—a high pad or something might help connect the two sections. I really like the chaos at 3:30—maybe have it go on a bit longer? and then fade into the second drop? Second drop is good.

The section around 4:50 is a bit long; I like the new part at 5:10. It ends well.

Solid tune.