Image?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Indi, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

The other night, a kid got on the decks at a party and started scratching, I was well impressed cuz I sctatch like I've got numb hands, now being as stoned as I was and not afraid of a good chinwag, I start a conversation with him about DJing. He looked at me and called me a geek. Now if I'm a geek for doing something which I love, then that's fine by me. I ain't bothered about being called a geek, but I asked him if he was calling me a geek about something he was apparantly into, shouldn't he questioning why he's doing it for in the first place? He looked at me blankly like I was russian or summat. Why are some people so concerned by image that simply doing something for the love of it doesn't even enter their heads, y'know? Its like they're blinded by the brightness of what everyone else has got to even notice the sweet golden glow of what they already have. I'd love to have the skills he has but he was such a cock about it, y'know? Does anyone else know what I'm on about? I dunno, I'm just really stoned.:spliff:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2003
  2. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

I feel yah! IMO Theres either djs who do it for the love of the whole scene
    (the music, the ravers) an sharing the knowledge an vibing with the crowd,
    or you get the blimphead-dj with attitute who stares at the crowd, growling behind the decks while fidling with themselves!

one thing ive noticed - stoners and pissheads dont mesh at partys, especially when it comes to conversational skills.
    End of the day - fuk em with the ego, you are prolly the bigger man.

3. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

Exactly! I tried explaining to him that music, for me anyway, is like the weather, it can be dark and pissing it down but once you get above the clouds its always sunny, and that's how it makes me feel. He just looked at me as if I had two heads and went back on the decks scratching, looking around the room, fishing for props. I just thought, fuck THAT cunt, he'll never get the idea.:finger:

4. farren

farren Member

u big geek! na only messin mate

5. sub vibes

sub vibes Member

if he calls u a geek for knowing about things that he obviously knows about too well then i think he has issues :tosser:

:lol: sometimes u just have to laugh.

6. Affliction

Affliction thought size didnt matter

one russian walks up to another russian and says.... "you commie bastard"

the moral of the story.... sometimes what you hate most about other people is actually what you hate about yourself

:spliff: :spliff: :spliff: :spliff: :spliff: :spliff: