I'm thinking of getting.....

im exceptionally pleased with my rokit 5's so i imagine the 8's are even better!

ive got 8s, first monitors ive ever had, so i cant compare them to much, only thing is their HUGE! too big for me!

get the 5's and a sub. if you can get your hands on some more money --> yamaha hs50m + sub. but DO NOT BUY WHACK SUB SHIT!! 8) save some money and buy nice gear

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/produ...=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base

I have these and i am happy with them, although there the only ones ive used so i cant compare them to anything else.

I also mostly use my house stereo to produce on nowadays as i prefer the wamth and volume of them. If i ever actualy finnish a track i will use my monitors to master it lol

Sorry im of no help realy but i remember when i was shopping for mine, i researched plenty but in the end preffered to have more options suggested and then just made my own choce based both on advice and my budget.

Good Luck anyways mate

the thing with 6" monitors without a sub is that you have to be an experiented producer to just not overdo the bass as you cant really hear any sub frequencies..

i got myself the alesis m1 mk2 with 7,5" and in my room with like 20m² (dunno what that is in squarefeet..) that works a treat. got some bass errors, but i can check that with my hifi and headphones, so doesnt really matter that much..

You can just about feel the top of the sub comin through, and when you get those realy boomy, powerful notes it's hits quite nicely.
To be honest, I think the 5's are adequate for a small home production set up.
You just gotta remember to not over cook those lows otherwise on a big system they'll drown everything out.
For the most part, I think it's a plus as they've taught me to balance my mix quite well, always keepin in mind that the sub is there, and i'm just pushing enough through so that the mix sounds nice.

Back
Top Bottom