im sure you guys are in the know, but interesting reading anyways

good linc a*
the thing that gets me is no matter how much i read on compressors i still dont know when to use them or how to use them for that matter even if i understand the controls! it just goes over my head i really do need someone to show me the process of making a tune years now i have been trying to make tunes and i aint getting anywhere ! so frustrating!!

good linc a*
the thing that gets me is no matter how much i read on compressors i still dont know when to use them or how to use them for that matter even if i understand the controls! it just goes over my head i really do need someone to show me the process of making a tune years now i have been trying to make tunes and i aint getting anywhere ! so frustrating!!

Compressor's aren't hard to understand. They compress loudness to reduce the dynamic range (the loudest point to the lowest point). Say if you've got the awesome patch in Harmor or a synth where you can't just turn up the volume of a part of it, and theres a part thats to quiet compared to the main sound coming through then you can put on compression. Drop the threshold down to just above the part you want loud and then turn up the ratio to 'squish' anything above the threshold down. Then turn up the make-up gain to make the whole patch back to it's original loudness. (not a very good explainer, sorry if that doesn't help)

good linc a*

man its about developing your own process over years not sitting down with a guy and following his... there's only one rule in music that is use your ears if it sounds right its right and there are no other rules

kieran t i hear you man. have you checked out the Fracture course? might give you some insight on how to make a full tune.

anyways, talking of compressors...best thing for you to do is get this http://bram.smartelectronix.com/plugins.php?id=4. throw it at the end of your fx chain. set the compressor settings to extremes and start tweaking while watching the waveform on the smexoscope. it has helped me a lot! you will have tonnes of fun with compressors guaranteed.
good luck

Back
Top Bottom