I'm playing a set soon, one night only, wher ecan i get tunes from

dave mac

Beefy Beefy
played DNB years ago, I've been asked to play a one off set. But i own hardly any new stuff at all. Its in a second room of a club, so dont think I can play anything really heavey. But hoping to grab some stuff on mp3 really, as i dont want to fork out loads on upfront white labels that will only get played once!

sadly will have to play slightly cheesey, stuff so any suggestions of where to buy or what to buy? :thumbsup:

Just play your old stuff that you're feeling. Everyone likes a dig through the crates now and again.
You may even get a few peeps coming up and asking "What's that fat new tune mate?" about a forgotten banger you're playing. Its happened to me a few times before (y)

Indi said:
Just play your old stuff that you're feeling. Everyone likes a dig through the crates now and again.
You may even get a few peeps coming up and asking "What's that fat new tune mate?" about a forgotten banger you're playing. Its happened to me a few times before (y)

i reckon thats what i might go with, might trawl some download sites for some new stuff.

must say listening to some mixes on here has raelly got me loving dnb again. I hope i dont, lord knwos i cant afford all the money on white labels again! Why oh why wont dnb come into the digital world fully! :lol:

Beatport.com - loads of new tunes.

But

Hope you aren't thinking of nicking any tunes...

But

If you don't know the newer stuff, don't play. You'll probably play something that has been rinced to death during the last year, the trainspotters will talk shit and the floor won't groove because you don't really know the tunes and won't mix them that well. Better stick with the old skool (the trainspotters will still bitch but they always do).

Dustek said:
Beatport.com - loads of new tunes.

But

Hope you aren't thinking of nicking any tunes...

But

If you don't know the newer stuff, don't play. You'll probably play something that has been rinced to death during the last year, the trainspotters will talk shit and the floor won't groove because you don't really know the tunes and won't mix them that well. Better stick with the old skool (the trainspotters will still bitch but they always do).

yyeah thats my worry, playing stuff that sounds totally cheesey or has been over rinsed. Least with the old stuff it will wiff of chedder but you cant deny the classic stuff. I do wanna try and keep the set fairly well known stuff as its nmot going to be a really hardkore dnb following there. The room is palying electro, breaks, and dnb. the main room is hard house.

Back
Top Bottom