I'm new to Drum & Bass, help???

britnostalgic

I've listened to a few jungle and Drum & Bass tracks over the years, mostly through playing Wipeout on the Playstion or through other media that comes free on the front of mags.

But what are the tracks that really define Drum & Bass, you know, the all time classics... the more I listen to Drum & Bass the more I get hooked, I just feel as though I've seriously missed out with the whole Drum & Bass scene... as a newbie i'm not even sure where to start?

andy c / grooverider
friction / fabio
hype

^^ all dnb arena cds, well worth checking out. you'll get uber mixing from hype, friction and andy c. grooverider will give you a blast from the past. and fabio will smooth it out.

check out the watch the ride series - high contrast, goldie, zinc.

also! bingo sessions cds, mixed by zinc, friction, d kay, chase and status. all well worth checking out.

also, andy c's nightlife series, just get them all. they're great.

should give you an insight into dnb and give you some ideas of what you might like.

ALSO!

the mix section on this site, full of member mixes with track listings. and 'professional' mixes with listings and radio shows etc....

should get you on the right path.

Hospital mix cd series will give you an insight to the more mellow stuff too.
Basically buy lots of mix cd's (any of the ones riisu said) and then from there you will see what you like and don't like, and will start to pick out certain artists who 'do it for you'.

Hospital mix cd series will give you an insight to the more mellow stuff too.
Basically buy lots of mix cd's (any of the ones riisu said) and then from there you will see what you like and don't like, and will start to pick out certain artists who 'do it for you'.

Cheers chap... any idea as to the cheapest place online to buy in bulk??? I hate ebay, but if I must.

I would advise subscribing to Hospital Podcasts. They are free and will update automatically. They cover a very nice side to dnb and you get to hear the music without any mc's.

I would advise subscribing to Hospital Podcasts. They are free and will update automatically. They cover a very nice side to dnb and you get to hear the music without any mc's.

Fucking word!
I forgot completely about podcasts and I get them all the time lol.
Along with the Hospital records one try the Drum and Bass arena one.

Chase & Status new Cd is Wicked! not got any old old skool tunes, but thats the last cd I listened to and its wicked!
Got Goldie's Dnb Cd that ok, Got Hyper DnB cd thats cool, Andy C's is cool aswell!

cheers guys... already got 'goldie - Timeless' on loan from a guy at my work, in fact he's given me a shot of his entire D&B collection, with all the classics you've mentioned. I'm gonna lock myself in my sound proofed garage the weekend and turn up the volume. lol

its jokes to see how a noobie to the scene gets embraced and encouraged by everyone. this scene is full of people trying to convert others and catch the dnb bug. it does feel good wen sum1s like "im reli getting into dnb". i think its cos u rmember the old days wen u was falling in love with it.

i no it sounds stupid but go to http://download.breakbeat.com and listen to the new tracks and top 10 charts and stuff. ur bound to find stuff u love there. in terms of mix cd's check the nightlife series, hospital mix series, and dnb arena series. these are the only ones i buy really.

Also check out my podcast Bless FM on iTunes. We have regular DJ's releasing all types of dnb mixes aswell as some breakz and dub for good measure.

Back
Top Bottom