I'm having really weird sound issues.

MrWoggles

The world was a great place until yesterday. Allow me to elaborate.

I wasn't using ASIO drivers two days ago and everything was perfect, as long as I didn't export a file that was peaking over 0dB etc, the usual stuff here. My mate then gave me his midi keyboard/controller because he didn't use it so I decided to install ASIO drivers for live recording.

After this everything just went to shit, half the time everything is arite, the rest of the time I just hear clicks when I export tracks or even just try to view my old ones (no media devices up and my sequencer closed so this shouldn't be a soundcard conflict). Also, now whenever I export the sound is completely wank, muffled, dull and lower even when i'm not going past 0dB, I havn't even slapped on a limitier, exciter, compressor, reverb NOTHING.

If I revert back to my old drivers the problem persists. If I uninstall the ASIO drivers the problem goes away.

Basically, am I screwed for live-recording until I get a new soundcard? That would be such a bummer.

/EDIT

Actually strike that, asio drivers are uninstalled and now I just cant hear music if the file is an mp3. Only Wav works, what the hell?

Last edited:
you sir, have got a very strange problem.

are there any older asio drivers you could try installing? sounds like a pain in the ass to me too mate. good luck

Aye I know. It's just that when I use compressors I might increase the attack time sligtly to give a kick or something a bit of oomph, tends to give a tiny bit of distortion, which in my ears is kind of pleasant. I was simply pointing out that absolutely NOTHING was going past 0dB.

Back
Top Bottom