im going brain dead inside

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by logikz, Nov 21, 2009.

1. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

i just spent 2 days awake trying to remix an old song of ours, going on three nights now. its a pretty complex tune, mescaline for those of you who could happen to know it, but the real problem is taht it involves indonsian folk music, that... kabala or tamale or whats it called... looks like a tub of water with floating cups in it and you play it like a xylophone. so i have to replicate the indonesian folkmusic vibe in the song or there will be no remix and boy did i find out the hard way that i cant play indonesian folkmusic, let alone the kabala (...whats its name again, i knew it but im pretty confused after this many hours with no sleep) i know you can get vstis but that still doenst mean you get the feel right. im gonna do this but im starting to think this is an unhealthy situation and i should quit for now. gotta see if hans is online

2. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Get your tongue out of your ass and into my ass and stop trying to noodle things that dont need to be noodled, just put some fucking "Rinsing Quince" into it, and stop wasting my time. Or, I'll be over in February and I'm Grade 6 Tambale and we can work some freestyle shit with some fella in the background in agony over the double anal hes recieving from 2 Malain midgets.

3. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

:D

4. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/Tamale

5. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

6. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

i used to work for an indonesian, i think he's none too clever with musak instraments though, but he is good at barbeques and that wall tennis game with crappy little balls....squash?

7. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

monkey tennis ..

8. Turtles

Turtles Member

9. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

gotta love them badgers

10. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

But them snakes...

11. Serum

Serum Well-Known Member

You can't spit mane

12. Reactor Grits

Reactor Grits lick a shot

you mean 'gamelan' you truffel-eating titjob. filling up bottles with water and hitting them with a mallet would be a great start! and yeah, missed you yesterday mate, how about sampling that gamelan record sometime (if I can still find it)?

13. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Karl is always whinging about something. Fuck man if you kept your samples properly filed in a folder all organised and shit then you wouldn't be complaining now. Go and tidy your room you rebel

14. Reactor Grits

Reactor Grits lick a shot

well, you should check the tune he mentioned on our site. that is a real challenge to remix I have to admit, and karl takes composing with all its sentiments, joy and hardships one can endure while cooking a piece of music. that includes sleepless nights, hallucinatories and the whole emotional spectra going 360.

15. logikz

thank you dammit gamelan thats what its called. i dont want to sample it, im making it with smutty synth stabs but to get the melody right i had to go cross town to an indonesian dude, show him mescaline and make him write down the notation in an flp score file, which i think is pretty fucking ambitious, only when i got home i was too erratic and confused to make a proper go out of it and spent the rest of the night samlpling and cutting stuff up in cooledit, and tried to make the LFOs on the flp slicer generate a song on its own sooooo... no big progress there, but ive got a start though and im closing in on it.

16. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

dedication man dedication..can't wait to hear some of your new beats ...I will get to your site soon mate. Just been busy offline getting things sorted

17. logikz

after 72 hrs straight the computer looks rather menacing now that ive sobered up and i think ill wait a day or so before starting again. im gonna watch old sherlock holmes movies and drink for a bit now, i feel rather timid.