Im Back, And i have questions. Re: Pompey Dnb Scene

jimmij01

Hey Dnbforum guys it jimmij back from the dead. Well just had a really shit year lots of family probs, splitting up with my girl after 7 years etc etc. The list goes on :(

Anyway i havnt been to any Breaknecks this year NYE was the last. :mad: :mad: and i think ive been to about 3 menaces. (thats it) shame on me. Ive even been to more trance nights than DnB. ( I HATE TRANCE) I feel like ive sinned.

So im outta the loop now, Hows the Pompey scene going? Used to be a different Dnb dance every weekend almost. What the score now?

Ive got my raving shoes back on and as you guys that know me will know im not afraid to use them. :banana: :banana: Anything happening NYE down here?

2007 will see the return of the jimmij to Pompey DnB.:cowbell: :cowbell: So what nights should i be hitting then?

Last edited:
Hey Dnbforum guys it jimmij back from the dead. Well just had a really shit year lots of family probs, splitting up with my girl after 7 years etc etc. The list goes on :(

Anyway i havnt been to any Breaknecks this year NYE was the last. :mad: :mad: and i think ive been to about 3 menaces. (thats it) shame on me. Ive even been to more trance nights than DnB. ( I HATE TRANCE) I feel like ive sinned.

So im outta the loop now, Hows the Pompey scene going? Used to be a different Dnb dance every weekend almost. What the score now?

Ive got my raving shoes back on and as you guys that know me will know im not afraid to use them. :banana: :banana: Anything happening NYE down here?

2007 will see the return of the jimmij to Pompey DnB.:cowbell: :cowbell: So what nights should i be hitting then?
Ello Jimmi, welcome back! :)

To quote Owain from Breakneck:

jan zinc, drumsound & ic3
feb hype noisia & rage
more info & acts to be released soon! exciting things ah gwarn
Looking forward to those two already! Unfortunately there is no NYE D&B event to my knowledge this year.

i think the scene has gone a bit quiet down pompey way to be honest...

i'd say its largely due to the lack of any venues apart from the pier (eq "the lounge" (!?!) owner doesnt have a clue about promoting and has pissed off the local nights a few too many times...fair play to the bassed out crew for sticking at it)

also...smaller nights that dont have big names also usually get a half hearted attendance/support, which doesnt help the scene at all

Ello Jimmi, welcome back! :)

To quote Owain from Breakneck:

Looking forward to those two already! Unfortunately there is no NYE D&B event to my knowledge this year.

Hi SDM you shecksy thing, did you ever do that Dubstep set at Breakneck? How did it go?

Shit about NYE. to the boozer then.
Breaknecks are looking good always liked Zinc, 1 of my top 3 Djs like hype and noisia to definatly gonna hit these.

Shame that the scene is slowing a bit always does in Pompey though, Never has been good attendance to resident nights going back years. good one year shit the next.

The pompey scene Depends on students to much.IMO Not enough portsmouth resident junglists to support the scene. Might have a new crop of students in 2007 that are into DnB, never know. Just gotta stick out the dry spells. :| :|

Big Up Pompey Boys/Gozzer boys.

Ive said it before and i will say it again Pompey people love their cheese clubbing to much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom