I'm a DnB noob, which dnb can you recommend me, and what are the "essentials"

Tbh, if you just listen to people on the general forum - you'll tend to only get minimal/downbeat/darker dnb. It seems to be the current trend here, and while it's awesome, it is only one facet of the dnb jewel.

If you post a few tracks that you might like we can ascertain if you're more into jump-up, liquid, dark etc and point you in the right direction.

Other than that - welcome to the genre and forum! Avoid Moskit and you'll just about survive.

Critical Podcast and Autonomic Podcast are good for the darker more minimal side, but judging by what you said I don't think you'll want them.
I would give it a listen though.

Tbh, if you just listen to people on the general forum - you'll tend to only get minimal/downbeat/darker dnb. It seems to be the current trend here, and while it's awesome, it is only one facet of the dnb jewel.

If you post a few tracks that you might like we can ascertain if you're more into jump-up, liquid, dark etc and point you in the right direction.

Other than that - welcome to the genre and forum! Avoid Moskit and you'll just about survive.

ok thanks m8, here we go
i'm a drummer, a few years ago i met this AMAZING drummer called "Jojo Mayer" and his band Nerve, and i was blown because everything was Dnb and jazzy n shit, but it wasn't a computer it was him! anyway, it was very soft.
so, lately i listened "syncopated City" by London Elektricity and a lot of b-complex and although is amazing, it was still very soft. (i dont know whats the genre name)
so a few days ago i heard "Sucker punch" by unknown error and i was like "damn, this shit's GOOD" (i don't know genre's name either)

so basically what i'm looking for is something like unknown error you know, something to move, to dance, a free-run soundtrack, music to run from the cops
i'm looking for original work, not some High contrast remix (they're great, but not for me) i'd really appreciate that, some original work
thanks mates!

But Tiesticles' list, for all the flak he gets, is pretty spot on. Not a bad artist amongst them.

Amen. I'm not a big fan of Dillinja though.

Trawl through mixes on Soundcloud too. Some people on here have got some pretty sick mixes uploaded on there. You'll eventualy find the stuff you like by listening to that sorta stuff.

Last edited:
I've heard Rod Stewart is bringing out some dark stuff at the moment. His Metalheadz debut is coming up next month.

funny-pictures.jpg

ho ho ho

Just listen to Groove and fabio's show on radio 1 and Hype's show on kiss, they all play a lot of varied styles and you'll find what you like soon enough. I started off listening to like dancefloor shit and moved over to jump up just by listening to groove and hype's radio shows pretty much.

http://soundcloud.com/lukas2010/dj-dvs-1st-mix

Fresh - Offworld
Furture signal - Defrag
Phace & Misthanrop - Non Human
Noisia - Fade to Grey
Ruffige Kru - Mirror
SPY - Xenomorph
Phace and Misthanrop - From Deep Space
Mistabishi - Greed
Jonny L - Back 2 Your Roots (Friction & K Tee remix)
Leviticus - Big Bad & Heavy (Logistics Remix)
Break - Splash Step
Unknown - Original Nuttah VIP
Danny Byrd Feat Liquid - Sweet Harmony (jungle Mix)
Alex Reece - Pulp Fiction
Apex - Space Between
Sigma - Baltimore (Insrumental)
Calibre - Judgement day

theres also crank by noisia in there somewhere but i cant remember

good mix of the sub genres in there

dBridge
Total Science & S.P.Y
Jaydan
Seba
Jubei

these are just a few of my favourites, i mean my first dnb album i bought was the abstract feat shanie all because of one track, Life by Dom & Roland! soon your find out what your really like by yourself, also it helps joining the record labels on facebook ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom