Im a DnB fan and i wanna start producing

DnBphan

Hello guys, i saw this forum at Google, i enterd and created account and saw that you guys have a topic for Productions :)
Soo guys i wanna start producing, I love DnB and i wanna go to a whole new level, producing, not just listening, soo i would like you guys that most of you produce, i want an advice to know whats the best software to produce, and some advices how to produce
Hoping for answear, thanks
From Portugal,
DnBphan :2thumbs:

A lot of people here go for tutorials. Popular software is Cubase, Fruityloops, Logic (for mac,) Ableton. I'm using Studio One now, as it's simple and very very powerful. Not great with compatibility with other software though - have a look around and see what you like the look of, then check out some youtube tutorials for that sequencer. A lot of DnB producers on here use Massive as their main instrument, so check that out too.

Also, post in the right section, the main Production forum - you might not get as many replies here as this is for track reviews and feedback whatnot :)

Thanks man, really apreciate it :)
I'll check out those softwares

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

One more thing, to get started, what do you think that is the easiest software?

Don't forget reason, acid, etc.

Best way I can suggest to start is remixes. Google remix contests. There are literally 100s going on at all times, and these can supply you with interesting loops to start a project with. Theres nothing harder than starting a song without an idea for bass or melody, so a remix somewhat takes the stress out of it. Also, look on the forums here for people giving out breaks (ie drumloops).

If you are struggling with creating something you are proud of, keep trying different approaches until you get something to please your ears. If that fails and you get frustrated, start a new project.

good luck!

a lot of people prefer Fruityloops for ease of use. I personally find it way too fiddly. I'd go for Cubase because you'll be able to find a lot of information on using it, same with FL again...

Thanks man, really apreciate it :)
I'll check out those softwares

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

One more thing, to get started, what do you think that is the easiest software?

I have tried ableton (not much though) FL Studio, and Acid. I've stuck with FL Studio because of the layout, and the piano roll. It took me roughly a week to a month to understand the general features (without tutorials), and up to a year now to grasp the full complexity of dials and switches. I am considering switching over to Cubase because of the built in features which I have to jump through hoops to complete in FL.

Thanks everyone, i saw vids of every software you told, i like more Cubase and FL, it was very nice in the videos, well Nautilus you talked about mixes, I've got a mixing software, Virtual DJ, its nice, well i already downloaded FL studio but it is a demo, and it doesn't open :( if you recommend any website do download it, full and that works I would apreciatte, thanks everyone :)

try all there own official websites most have a trial demo etc
and dont ask to download programs here its frowned upon not by me tho!lol

Back
Top Bottom