"I'm a DJ, not a Jukebox"

Harry3

Chuki
VIP Junglist
So, youve probably all seen these images going around and clothing and shit saying that DJs arent jukeboxes.

Do you all agree?

Personally I think if your request matches the style the DJ is playing, or the DJ produced the tune your requesting, theres no harm in it.

Discuss.

obligatory image:

H7Yhh.jpg

if someone came up to me and asked for a certain tune that fitted with what i was playing i'd defo consider it.

it just annoys me when people ask for something that is completely different to what you're playing

yeh, i honestly hate getting requests now, so many people ask for LMFAO or some other bullshit I've never heard of, don't keep up with pop dance music at all, and they stare blankly at me when I tell them I've never heard of them before.

might get a t shirt made with "NO REQUESTS" written on it!

I do sometimes ask DJ's for requests, but only a name DJ and a tune they've produced if I really wanna hear it.

Did anyone here the pause from a d Bridge set where he said "stop bloody asking for true romance VIP", pretty jokes!

After some of the request's ive had before including

Rhianna
Bashment
RnB
LMFAO

and others, I just ignore everyone when im mixing now.

I don't really like getting requests while I'm on stage, but I try to do my best and stick the tune in, if I have it and it fits my selection at least a little. And I have no problem playing a tune if someone asks me in before hand.

Requests are fine if it's a wedding or something like that, but if it's a big event and/or there's clearly a dedicated style they can be fucking annoying.

Was it bad that I was asking friction for calyx and teebee - nothing I can say all night? I think it was in taste

Was it bad that I was asking friction for calyx and teebee - nothing I can say all night? I think it was in taste

very bad. i saw you on twatter. You were all "ooh, please friction can i buy the vinyl off of you"? and he was all "nah blud". and you were all "pretty, pretty please" and he was all "nah blud"...

First set I played, I had some chavs come up to me and said 'oi, when are you gonna play some good music?' I responded with 'this is good music, if you dont like it go somewhere else'

Pricks

Was Djing at seedy sonics... 4 - 5.30am and playing a dark rolling set.. and some guy asks me to play 'dat nu high contrast tune with tiesto' after i tell him no, sorry he carries on waving the phone in my face and pointing at me for about a minute untill my mate in the booth told him to FUCK OFF lol

When I saw Delta Heavy a few weeks ago this guy who was absolutely mortal kept coming up to him showing his phone every 3 seconds, at first he was being friendly and saying he might play it but then the dude kept coming up literally every 5 minutes. He ended up ignoring him and the guy still kept coming up, by the end everyone on the DJ side of the decks was just shaking their head and telling him to fuck off.

First set I played, I had some chavs come up to me and said 'oi, when are you gonna play some good music?' I responded with 'this is good music, if you dont like it go somewhere else'

Pricks

Bet you was playing liquid all night, I would of been the same...

Back
Top Bottom