DnB I'm a beginning producer, need advice on my music!

Cutthoat

Corner Drum & Bass
I've got four songs up on my soundcloud right now (two of which are different versions of the same song.)

I haven't been producing a year yet, i don't know exactly how long it's been cause I have a bad memory :spliff: :alchy: lol but anyway my point is
I'm a beginning producer and I could use some advice on how to get a more professional sound.

http://soundcloud.com/cutthoat_corner/driving-in-the-rain-draft-1

that's my best song. Any help would be extremely appreciated, thank you! ;)

wow thats nice

I like that experimental vibe....

so you want advice? ok then

1. Automate your sub bass volume/master,make it ligher in some parts so it can boom in other ones.

2. your kick and snare should be atleast 3db louder than it currently is,your rides/hats are too loud compared to kick snare

That was nice. What I'd do, is maybe put a low-pass filter on those stabbing sounds at the beginning. They were a little bit harsh to the ear. Other than that, what ^this guy said. Lower the volume of your hats, and maybe sidechain them with your kick/snare.

I can't give you some fancy tips, because i'm a beginner too ;)

In my opionion the rumbling sub is a bit annoying. probably a cleaner one would be better.

like the others said, the hats in the beginning are a little to bright. beside that the track is nice to listen to...

Not a bad start, you could try varying the break so its not so repetative in the drum. I like the rave soundz, trying some eerie synth stabs etc

Back
Top Bottom