Illegal raves!

i live in bovey where they was that massive mansion party where like 2000 people turned up uninvited, it was like all over the news lol

squat raves are still a common thing in london happenin like every weekend. My m8tes went to a squat in a BnQ warehouse about month ago. The thing is when i have been to squats they play like psycadelic trance shit, n there is always a 50/50 chance police will come and shut it down. Even though going is an EXPERIANCE!

if someone hasnt been they only way to get a location is you need a squat rave hotline and usaly about 1 hour bfe it starts ring them up and they will give you the location.

got like 5 squat hotlines on my fone.

bfe you ask im not stupid enough to hand it out on the internet.

Hahaha! yeh theres loads about these days!

I play for a squat rig called "Random Sounds" and have done for nearly 4 years... probably one of the best in London at the moment.

Be warned if you are thinking about going to a "Free-Party, Squat Party or Warehouse Party" theres no rules!! and no law!!

Some of them get really moody at the London ones. But if you find a good one it will defo be one of your best nights out!!!

PLUS!! New Years squat partys are always the best! often they are only about £5 to get in and they are off the hook! 2007/2008's New Years party was HUGE!! in a massive office block.... The squaters had broken down all the partitions on some of the floors so you had these huge arena's with stupidly massive sound systems at the end of them!! was a proper buzz playing there!!

I got into Jungle through the free party scene. After the famous Exodus parties alot of my mates started setting up their own. I you live anywhere near Watford you might have heard of parties like Survival and Vortex. I don't know if those guys have moved on or not.

Lots of cutting chains with bolt cutters and upsetting farmers. Popo almost ALWAYS showed up but i only saw 1 get shut down properly, they just used to make sure we weren't causing too much trouble and leave us to it. Might have changed a bit these days.

I do remember 1 warehouse party where there were about 6 riot vans, squad cars, Helicopter and everything but they just stayed outside cos the entrance was so tight they could only enter the venue 1 at a time which raised safety issues.

Best free party i ever went to was a squat party in Surbiton. Got the night bus all the way through London and ended up at a boarded up pub. The first time i did cid (and by far the best, the drugs at alot of london squat parties are as strong as your gonna get) and it was just an incredible experience.

Eventually got sick of the Hard House and Techno (and general fucking ratbags) and moved into the legal rave scene. Never really had much of a desire to go back but everyone should do it once.

still loads of illegals going on every year down here(glastonbury).my m8s have a sound system,we meet with other systems,kick open a farmers gate and off we go!some of the best parties ive been to have been free!castlemorton being one of them!

Illegal raves, wharehouse parties, squat parties etc they all still go on, but the criminal justice bill has severly limited what can be done these days.

Before that bill came in, you could have a rave with like 25,000 people that could go on for days, and there would be literally nothing the police could do to make it stop... ... Then the bill came in and raving moved indoors... meh..

They still happen, but they can't be on the same scale or be as blatant...

Still it don't matter so much - clubs are way, way better than they were back then!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/130785/sponsors/xW7n3aBdhv0hPa7GxQ3m

Make illegal raves/ free parties legal.
How is it anti-social behavior when 100+ people are stood listening to music just because one person cannot sleep. By setting a legal limit to what size of a sound-system can be played after a curfew time will stop police from wasting their time with peaceful ravers.
Click the URL above for the petition page

I love illegal raves and have attended a lot over the years but, to say Police waste their time by attending and all ravers are peaceful is ridiculous. I've seen some nasty shit happen at raves in an around Manchester an police presence can definitely be a positive thing.

FYI I've seen parties get shut down because of arseholes on both sides. Police being overly cautious and ravers being dick heads an causing agro with police who are just trying to monitor the situation.

Respect needs to be shown from both sides for the free parties succeed.

Back
Top Bottom