Illegal raves!

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by BlazinAndy, Jan 5, 2008.

1. BlazinAndy

BlazinAndy Member

Is ther many illegal raves nowadays or was ther more in the 90's and do most go well or do they get fucked over by the police??

random question but wnted to find out

safe

2. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

Illegal raves have had there hay-day, you still get a strong following at squat parties in london and free parties happen in norfolk and wales an places with lots of woodland. I used to love a munt in the woods :alf:

3. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

while homelands was going on in the matterly bowl there always used to be an illegal rave on the same night called "Gnomelands"
    dunno if they are still doing it or whether they've thought of a good play on the word sanctuary but this was only a couple of years ago
    there are always the odd one about but it helps if you now ppl, they tend to be word of mouth things

4. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

You can still find one every weekend in pretty much every county but they aint big and usually just filled with Ketamine (taken over the free party scene FULLY)

....however if you dont mind a squat then some big ones can be found in London on the odd occasion, rather than be out hunting for a little gathering in a barn every weekend I prefer to wait for big events like May Day when you know the riggs will be out in force

Oh yeah, not many parties go on north of Norfolk, so if you live up there then no chance :p

5. MARLZTAH

MARLZTAH ++DuB PrOFesSoR++

i used to go to free partys every week, best one i went too was at an industrial estate in hackney or stratford or somewhere like that, i remember it was right by where the big breakfast house used to be, there were at least 5 rigs there, probably more. one was playing techno, one was playing dnb, one was playing dancehall & hip hop and one was playing allsorts of stuff and had a projector with a vj chopping up old kung fu films!!! they had loads of bean bags over the floors and that too

they used the same location every week for about a month and a half with no probs from the old bill!!!! it was by far the best ive ever been to, and had the best atmosphere too. some free partys are horible, to many k heads falling on you and far to many crackheads robbing all the k heads.

6. Doich

Doich Member

theres bout 3 up the road from mine each year but theres no dnb atall.. pure techno which i hate.. proper good atmosphere tho and a great laugh cuz all yer mates are there!

7. sleaZe

sleaZe Member

ive never been to one :( HELP ME

8. cdf1

cdf1 Member

still go to quite a few but there was loads more, being in wales i normally go up valleys or to mid wales near the borders, or theres always a few bath/hereford ways, been to a lot of squat parties in london, mostly east but some north and some new cross way, some illegal raves a couple years ago in leytonstone, they were sick, mostly techno but massive in old ground of power station, happy days

9. alz

alz compress to impress

theres shit loads of illegal raves n free parties everywhere, numbers u can call all that, but like someone mentioned, its mostly kids ballin off regretamine, some are quite fun tho, like that one in wales quite a while back that had like 20k people, that was sick, problem is since they passed that new law, raves can now be seen as protests or something like that which means the popo show up and well... :missile: it ain't pretty seeing those being broken up :(

10. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

yeah mate
    i cant remember the exact quote from the legislation but it pretty much says large groups of people can not conjugate whilst listening to electronic music with a fast & repetitive beat

11. klusta

klusta Pulsar

fookin loads happening norfolk area, local councils hav drivin the underground back out into the fields. So many farms with barns, land etc perfect for a party. Rozzers round ere are pretty low in numbers so can't afford to shut parties down. If you in the loop you can go out every weekend :)

12. djhektikz

djhektikz Active Member

1 NIGHT IN HACKNEY!! LOL BIG TUNE!

13. alz

alz compress to impress

hahaha yeh and if you look in the fineprint it says "by large we mean anything over 100", jokers.

14. MARLZTAH

MARLZTAH ++DuB PrOFesSoR++

where bouts in new cross??? me and my mates put on a few squat partys on round there a few years back

what about large groups of people listening to acoustic music with a slow & unrepetitive beat???

15. Treazon

Treazon Myriad Abstruse

Luckily Cornwall is full of unoccupied fields, random bunkers and other strange locations so there are raves-a-plenty...

We once did this rave on the south coast in some weird dugout in the sand dunes and ended up carrying a huge generator for about 2 miles up a cliff face for the benefit of our fellow ravers, definitely worth it!

:rave:

16. DJ SCUBA

DJ SCUBA Vinyl Addict

A couple of mates of mine set-up a rave in the new forest, it was pretty cool until everyone sketched when they saw blue lights from a motorway miles away. We shut off the generator and stood in complete darkness for about 15 minutes, then realised nothin was coming, and continued...

:rave:

17. cdf1

cdf1 Member

cant remember, im not a londener and i was pissed, one was in the summer few years back, and other was nye couple years back, might have been yours though!

18. moocha

moocha New Member

19. Dirty Needle PR

Dirty Needle PR *DIRTY*NEEDLE*RECORDINGS*

Nah mate they STILL goin v.v.v strong, Every weekend no doubt. Everywhere.
    O.B are a bit more hardcore now, lol, than they used to be. But the Free Party scene I dont think will ever die, as long as theres music, speakers, people and fields, there will be free parties, lol

They passed that anti terrorist law didnt they, and now any gathering larger than a certain amount of people is classed as anti social and potentially a bunch of terrorists (rediculous), the O.B 'do' parties, using that Act. So yeah, potentially you could get done under that law.
    For a dance in front of some speakers, Fuckin jokes enit.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  20. Dirty Needle PR

Dirty Needle PR *DIRTY*NEEDLE*RECORDINGS*

HAHAH Reminds me of the first few raves we ever did, we got an old train line that runs thru our town and a good few old brick bridges, we took our rig under one of them, took the O.B 3 HOURS to find us, LOL was jokes
    Cos we were covered by so many thick bricks the helicopter they had out for us couldnt pick our heat up. They were traipsing through fields and fields tryin to find us. Was fuckin hilarious when they all turned up soaking wet.
    Bu then, they made ua take everything apart and carry it back through the soaking wet muddy fields there and then, lol, back in the day, you could tell THEM when you were going. hahaha
    They musta been well pissed off. We were only like 17 at the time, probs one of the 1st ever parties we did. Wicked.