Ill-usions - I Need You (Vocal Liquid/Soul)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by djSing, Jan 30, 2013.

1. djSing

djSing Ill-usions

Made this in roughly a day.. feedback more than welcome

2. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

hey man, theres parts where the sub comes out more, sounds nice, i think the subs a bit low, not sure if its cos its playin low notes,, also id cut the drums out in areas... a nice mid bassline could sound good in there, somehting just filling out the frequencies a bit, nice sounding break too

3. specter

specter Member

I really like it. Bassline and the Vocals work together very well. The viola sample fits as well. Good job! :)

4. djSing

djSing Ill-usions

Yeah the sub notes are quite low, they do come through on my speakers. Could probably churn it up a bit, I tend to have my sub a bit boomy in tracks so I tried to undercompensate this time. Cheers guys, points taken, anyone else?

5. LiquidTurtle

LiquidTurtle New Member

This is real liquid :D I really like it!

6. djSing

djSing Ill-usions

Nice one mate!

7. hughhardiemusic

hughhardiemusic Member

This is quality! Brilliant sampling work with the backwards guitars. The drum programming gives it a nice driving momentum too. Really like this.

8. hughhardiemusic

hughhardiemusic Member

A louder, deeper bass would make it even better

9. unmd

unmd Member

You need to get this signed mate, I'd definitelly buy it to support you. Beautiful thing! Want it on my phone already!

10. djSing

djSing Ill-usions

Thanks guys. Might have to make another edit, a couple things I could do to make it more of a final piece.

Glad you like it... at the moment I've got about 4 months left at university, times are hectic, which is why I haven't really invested much time into sending tracks to labels. And to be honest I have no clue which labels to start with.

11. spyre

spyre sample all the things

Sexy... i think the bass is perfect

12. spyre

spyre sample all the things

Actually just noticed during the breakdown, im hearing some subby freqs on that guitar sample

13. Neomind

Neomind Too many skulls!">:O

Hey there Netsky! :))
    Nice one there man!

14. djSing

djSing Ill-usions

Yeah I left those in there as there was no sub for that part. They resonate quite a bit tho might have to EQ it

15. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

Yes chap big thumbs up, very nice

16. evermind

evermind Broken Symmetry

17. StrifeII

StrifeII Member

loving it. nice vibe to it. the sub comes out more because of people's acoustics at home.

the pad with the 1/4 filter on is panned quite hard left, don't think it's meant to be? something to look at as it plays with my ears.

think the drums could be switched up a little over the main bulk of the clip before the second breakdown, tiny details make all of the difference to listening fatigue! they're lovely and bright, sound authentic, just need a few touches fills imo.

gets a little busy at 1:31 with the instrument fill, might be something to look at.

also the sweep at 2:21 is almost too loud :p

2:45, would love to see a low or high pass build on the sample and break, dj fresh - the feeling style. maybe something to play about with. up to you.

i don't mean to nitpick, but i assume this is what you're posting for anyway. i think it's a really really good track that has the potential for lots of little details, which are what make the difference between a good and great track. good luck getting it signed, it deserves to be!

18. djSing

djSing Ill-usions

Sorry to bump this once again but dude, thanks for this in depth feedback.. I pretty much agree with everything you said and I'll definately be reworking this when I have time.. theres quite a lot to clean up just to make it that little bit better. I never noticed the thing about the pad being panned left, its sampled so it could have gone over my head as opposed to be doing it on purpose for some reason. Will look at it.

Cheers man

19. StrifeII

StrifeII Member

don't worry about bumping, it's not even bumping, it's carrying on the discussion :p

i only post this stuff because i assume that that's why tracks are posted, for feedback and crit...but I'm really seeing this as a track that could be released if a few minor tweaks are made. there's nowt wrong with an extra pair of ears. hope you do well with it dude, it's a great tune and well written.

20. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

Great tune! Very nice, chilled out vibe.

Drums sound nice, punchy and organic–which I think fits with the track's vibe.

Really feeling that backwards guitar sound throughout the tune.

LOVE the vox, very Netsky and I mean that as a compliment. Can I ask what plugin/DAW tool did you use to pitch it up? I can barely detect any artifacts, very clean sound.

The only suggestions I would make:
    1. Dial back the snare by a very, very small amount. However, that's just me nitpicking.
    2. There's a couple moments where there is a guitar chord hitting (around 2:50) that sounds good, but maybe dial it down in volume a very small bit...or run it through a subtle wah wah? Again, just nitpicking here.

I love the tune as a whole. Strong mix, great vibe. I would gladly support it.

Cheers.