If you were to start DJing now what format would you choose?

get one of these:
350__1_1_15_20.jpg

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

which made me think of this:

dj-hero-renegade-600.jpg

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

which made me feel like this:
gun_to_head.jpg

2 Technics and one cdj, the wayyy forward I reckon

---------- Post added at 08:21 ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 ----------

Cheers guys, leaning more towards CD's so far as I definately can't afford to buy new and back catalogue vinyl. Serato sounds great but it could have a few problems and I would have to get a new latop. Serato itself is coming up at £400+ and as it would only be local gigs if any to begin with it's really not worth it, maybe progress to it in the future.

lol at the promoter booking for you as a complete novice!
Fail
Surely someone who is asking about what format to use suggests that you will have a looong way to go before you start to play out

---------- Post added at 08:21 ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 ----------

[/COLOR]

Fail
Surely someone who is asking about what format to use suggests that you will have a looong way to go before you start to play out[/QUOTE]

Cheers, I'd been DJing for 10 years with vinyl and out in clubs/bars around Manchester for about 5 of them before I stopped so not a complete novice, just a bit rusty perhaps. I have had a couple of offers already to DJ supporting local bands, this is why I have decided to get back into it.

i personally love vinyl but CDs are the obv choice these days. we play mostly cds, but if the tunes really bangin then it gets a vinyl purchase

Fail
Surely someone who is asking about what format to use suggests that you will have a looong way to go before you start to play out

Did you even read the OP?

Ez, I used to DJ with vinyl but stopped around 1999 and haven't touched anything since. I want to pick it back up but not sure what way to go eg Serato, Ableton, CD...? What are the most common set ups these days in clubs/bars etc If I do get to play out again it won't just be dnb, I would like to play all kinds of sets of dnb, dubstep, electro, UK Funky maybe even mixing it all up in one set a bit like Toddla T, Redlight, Mistajam. Not sure that that would make a difference in my options or not.

Cheers for any info

Back
Top Bottom