if you could go back in time

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by safety, Jul 16, 2009.

1. safety

safety double safety

so... if you could go back in time and change one thing that happened in your life, what would it be?

i would go back to a night two years ago and stop myself from doing something i've regretted every day since

2. D-Tektiv

D-Tektiv Active Member

go back and stop myself from quitting a job i had, when i was having a bad day...would be bankin' right now in pay if I stayed there..and the peeps workin' there were all cool. Just went into work that day already irritated..

3. monq

monq Member

I would back to the second when a bastard killed my niece and eat his intestines with a nice bottle of Chianti, just like Hannibal would do.

4. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

I would go back to when I had my car crash and not drive that day, then my girlfriend at the time Mary would still be alive.

Saying that though (and as bad as it is to say this), if that hadn't have happened I wouldn't have had the life that I've experinced since then, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

5. monq

monq Member

That's an incredible way of seeing things - in a positive way. Although I wrote my own piece of grief in my post, the way in which I see life is: lots of shit happen to people (the more you live, the more shit will happen eventually)...

But everything that is positive / negative in life makes us the way in which we are... if something had been different in the past, well we would be different. I would not change anything that has happened to me either...

6. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

i'd tell someone else how to go back in time and do something that would mean something to everyone, rather than change a small part of my own life.

7. DJ NUERA

DJ NUERA 5HEAD

20th June 2005

8. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

actually i'd probably run on the pitch at cardiff and knock gerrard out before he equalised in the last minute against west ham.

the tiny forehead cunt.

9. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

Exactly how i feel mate.

Wouldnt change a thing.

10. Welsh Junglist

Welsh Junglist AKA Faqade

If I could go back in time I'd do two things, firstly, I'd go back and spend a lot more time with my Dad before he died and secondly I'd probably never take drugs. Even though I've had good times on drugs, if I knew back then what would have happened later I would not bother touching anything at all.

11. BDS

BDS Active Member

This.

12. Nutek

Nutek movement junglist

i have no regrets as of yet and no other reason to change anything. if time travel was possible i would go back around 100 million years :not_worth

13. Gumby

Gumby New Member

:word:

this is exactly how i feel about my life.

i have made mistakes, but i am thankful for them because they have made me who i am today (y)

14. Controller

Controller (╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

I'd probably go back to the start of my secondary school years because they really were an amazing 5/6 years that i properly took for granted at the time. Not to do anything differently, but just so I could go through it all again. Spending 6+ hours a day with your mates just isn't possible anymore :(

15. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

4th September 2007 and tell my bro not to go for that jog where he never came home...

16. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

i'd go back to the early years, age 4/5 or so! not sure if i'd change much.. time travel has serious concequences from what i have learnt from michael j fox, futurama, the simpsons and various other cartoons.
    (ahh cartoons, although animated, very imformative)

wud be sweet to relive some years knowing what i do now. U learn from ur mistakes and fuck my sideways i've learnt a thing or 2!

but most of all, i'd like to see my mother again. RIP :lighter:

17. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

I agree with this aswell, mistakes have been made and some horrible things have been seen and felt but wouldnt change nothin, everything that happens makes us the people we are

18. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

I don't have any real regrets in life.

I think the only change I would have made is that I would have worked harder on my music from an earlier age.

I sometimes feel like I took a few opertunitys for granted.

19. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Like everyone's said I understand that there are things we'd all change. but you've got to realise that this makes you the person you are today. I'd go back and stop my dad from being a wifebeating bastard when i was a nipper but I wouldn't be the person I am today if I did that.

This aside in mind I would go back and change the lottery numbers I put on the euro millions rollover.

Then I would go and solve all the problems in this thread and single handedly defeat the recession.

20. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

When I was 10 I played Rugby Leauge for Leigh town team and that season we were due to play in the curtain rasier before the cup final at Wembley, and enjoy a luxury London break too.

About a month before I very stupidly tried to use a milk bottle to help slide new handlebar grips on my BMX. Bottle smashed and I cut my hand open. By the time the stitches were out, they had already picked the team for Wembley and I wasn't in it after having been in the team most of the season.

My own very stupid fault. Missed chance to play at Wembley, then had to endure assembly at school were 2 boys who did play got massive props and were school celebs all year, 1 of them had only got into team to replace me.

Got plenty serious adult regrets / situations, but you can't change it and think what woulda been, but the rugby story is just one which I always remember, missed out on experience of a lifetime through one stupid action.