If cannabis was legal in USA...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by DJError, Nov 18, 2009.

1. DJError

DJError AKA Error

some people worked out how much tax the usa could potentially make from cannabis

http://www.sloshspot.com/blog/11-13...ere-Legal-Projected-Tax-Revenues-by-State-245

[​IMG]

2. Gr1pz

Gr1pz Aka - Align.

Yay for Governments being retarded about weed. Imho its no worse then alcohol, and with the same laws It shouldnt really be an issue.

3. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

I think it's a much safer drug than alcohol in the short term effects. When people are stoned you don't see them stumbling about, not knowing what they are doing and getting violent and alcohol being legal means that they don't mind this.

I just think prohibition is stupid and the government is making drugs alot more dangerous leaving the drug trade in the hands of criminal organisations because it gets cut with all sorts of shit and that shit is usually what kills the users not the actual drug itself. Except for people who OD because they take it too far.

4. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

You just need to look at how UK gov reacted recently when their senior (highly qualified experienced scientific / medical) drugs advisor Professor Nutt spoke out on how gov / uk legal policy was going against scientific evidence on medical and social harm caused by various drugs legal and illegal, and encouraging re-classification (lowering classification on weed, pills and lsd relative to cigs and booze) they sacked him and most of his team resigned in support.

They'd rather claim to be winning the war on drugs than do anything logical.

Edit: on the graphic posted by Kro look at the Numbers Of Arrests Made in 2008. How many 1000's died from gunshots / deadly weapons in the US compared to weed users?

JOKES...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  5. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

But sadly they are winning fuck all and are spreading lies about drugs (Apparently Gordon Brown said cannabis is deadly?)

6. djrowney

djrowney G13 RECORDS/SMOKESCREEN

i don't smoke weed anymore but i know its pretty harmless for most people, especially compared to alcohol and the trouble it causes
    governments need 2 fix up and pull their heads out of their arses

7. Gr1pz

Gr1pz Aka - Align.

If you see Cannabis as deadly how the fuck do you see alcohol lmfao??? man politicians can suck my nuts

8. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

Cant be bothered to find a link now (sorry), but theres a documentary on youtube called "the last white hope" that discuss all these issues in alot more detail. Its about the drug trade and the government, well worth watching if youre interested in these kind of things. I found out quite a few things i didnt know before...

9. DannyP...7

DannyP...7 *Jung.Ill.Ist*

One of the major reasons weed won't be leagal because the US govt wants war..if they legalize it..people will start to realize WTF are we doin???weed = a smile alcohol makes people angry and mad...

I've never woken up the next morning after smoking all night and thinkn why the fuck did I do that??? Some of the dumbest things I've ever done was when I was drunk...go figure...

Also weed is on the more spiritual side...so when people form circles they get paranoid and began to speak and talk about the TRUTH!!!!

THE GOVT DOSNT WANT PEOPLE TO KNO THE TRUTH!!!! IF THEY DID THEY WOULD HAVE NO POWER OVER THE PEOPLE...

Legalize it ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. dhalsim

dhalsim yoga fire

The problem with weed is it came on the scene too late in the west. Although it has an ancient history in asia, its mass influence on the west wasnt until much later.

Alcohol has been around in the west before the laws as we know them today kicked in. The laws just adapted to the current state of affairs, it would have been impossible to effectively ban something that had become such an integral part of our culture (well, USA tried prohibition, which never really worked).

Tobacco, although later on the scene than alcohol was not going to get banned because all the plantations were owned by rich white men who landed in the US and set up shop in the southern states with all their nice slaves toiling away. The tobacco trade was lucrative and everone was winning (except for the slaves) so no need to ban it. Today we have the big tobacco firms who essentially get the same special treatment.

The International Opium convention in 1912- sounds like a right party but in fact the first international drug control treaty - pretty much put cannabis on the list of other narcotics such as opium. It could have been done in an effort to hamper the hemp trade, seen as a threat to the other paper and textile industries.

clearly, banning cannabis has nothing to do with medical facts. But most western countries have gone down the ban route now for so long a U-turn really seems unlikely.

11. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

I got far too much to say on this subject so I wont start but this pretty much says whats important imo

12. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

Gordon Brown is Scottish, he knows alcohol is good :teeth:

13. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

weed is well more dangerous, thats why its illegal.

14. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

ermmm, what?

i smoked nearly everday from the age of 17.

finished school with a GOOD grade, and now studying business and economics.

imagine where i would be if i drank 3 beer for every gram i smoked. most possibly i would be dead by now, and if not, atleast dumb as a piece of bread.

15. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Please dont use language like that in front of me!

16. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

hahaha... i love sarcasm

17. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

i fink u will find that it iz illegal bcoz weed kills ppl and its a gateway drug to raping ur own gran.

18. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

Everyone is affected differently by both alcohol & cannabis. On the argument that cannabis is just as lethal if not more harmless than alcohol, yea I think it should be made legal. Especially at a time like this. The revenue that the duty on it would bring would be nice for the economy. As would the opening of coffee shops, providing small business's & jobs.

However, cannabis is a DRUG. And drugs give with one hand and take with another. Sure with a smoke on a spliff you get the giggles (many years ago!), relax & get the munchies. But smoke more & you become dependent on it, it makes you lethargic, and can cause SERIOUS depression in people. As can alcohol though, no argument there. Cannabis is more dangerous than people think, or than they'd like to admit.

But this is an age-old debate, and unless there's a pretty penny (and then some) in it for our scummy governments.....then legalization is a dream.

19. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

summed up quite nicely - in the wrong hands ANY drug is bad, be it paracetemol, valium, weed, tobacco, booze, whatever! And until the government can see how much revenue they could amke its just a pipedream... but hope is a good thing!

20. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

yeah i typed that for a giggle. see who got on their high horse bout how they smoked since they were 12.

gays. weeds a puffs drug. so 1990's.

crystal meth is the drug of this decade. no :teeth: