iDJ2 Mobile DJ Workstation >wata ya guys think

SoulShaker

Synth
idj2_angle_med.jpg

MIX MUSIC FROM YOUR IPOD LIVE AND IN COLOR!

The Numark iDJ2 is the only iPod mixing console that provides full control of your music with real–time scratching (via two jog wheels), a stunning color screen and Numark's exclusive crate management. Keylock insures that DJs can easily change tempo without affecting pitch. The iDJ2 features a fresh and innovative new iPod docking system that allows users to play and mix two songs simultaneously from a single iPod without the need of a computer. Users can also hook up multiple mass storage devices including additional iPods, thumb drives, and external USB hard drives through rear panel USB ports. In addition to USB connectivity, the iDJ2 comes complete with line inputs for audio sources including a microphone, CD players and turntables.

This is an extraordinary mixing console and portable DJ system with professional DJ features like balanced outputs, pitch control, key lock, seamless looping, and full cueing. DJs can easily manage their music library using the iDJ2's highly intuitive graphic interface and the full-color LCD screen offers crystal-clear visual track–profiling.

iPod Direct Mode turns iDJ2 into the ultimate iPod player, allowing you play any music from your iPod, including songs purchased from the iTunes music store.

iDJ2's unique Crate feature allows easy organization of songs to be played and supports multiple file formats including MP3, WAV and AAC (unprotected). The iDJ2 also supports iPod docking and charging, to keep the music playing and the party going all night long.

Source: http://www.numark.com/idj2
----------------------

Im thinking of saving up for this.. :clown:

Would be kewl to take round your mates or somethin if they aint got decks, so you can have a little mix after a night out or sommat, but wouldnt choose it over vinyl

Was thinking about getting a set of cheapish CD decks to mess about on (i don't dj), but now i've seen this it's tempted me. How much are they?

Personally i'd get some CD decks and a mixer because if your like me and anyone else on the forum, you'll get hooked on Djing within hours.. its just SOOO much fun its untrue!

If you go the ipod route then you'll be limiting yourself in the future when it comes to proper mixing, considering how much that numark jobby costs. At the end of the day its up to you, but thats my view on it :)

planty of equip has XLR connects but it doesn't make it pro grade equip.

Ok, so, let me tell you something about this peice of kit, you can use an iPod but to be fair I don't think that they are stable enough or reliable enough, what you do is buy a big external hard drive and fill it with either wav's / 320's or whatever you fancy and you run the Numark software through it and away you go.
Someone further up the thread metioned crappy compressed mp3's??
Well considering Grooverider, Randall, A-Sides, Dj Marky all use Serato what do you think they play??
With so many different ways to play music this thing is just another medium that people will use.
I have been mixing for about 15 years and I had Tecnics 1200's for 10 of those years and recently I have owned Traktor Scratch and used CD deck's and I tell you what, these work and feel just like any cd decks that I have used, the only benefit is that you don't have to burn lot's of cd's all the time.
Also mentioned was that this is not a professional piece of equipment? I would disagree with this, I cannot see any reason why you would not use this in a club enviroment.

do the jog wheels spin as the track is playing?

i could mix with something if u didnt get that.

one thing i like about vinyl is being able to let go of one tune as your about to sync it with the other.

you cant hold this tho cos it dont move.

soz if i didnt make any sence

do the jog wheels spin as the track is playing?

i could mix with something if u didnt get that.

one thing i like about vinyl is being able to let go of one tune as your about to sync it with the other.

you cant hold this tho cos it dont move.

soz if i didnt make any sence

The jog wheels are like Pioneer cdj's and they don't spin, I looked at load's of different cdj's before I got one of these and I got to say the Technis ones with the silver platter's that spin look the fucking tit's but are just so fucking expensive.

Back
Top Bottom