Ideal Drums

Eternaloptimist

VIP Junglist
been spending too much time trying to get the perfect drums :/
got me wondering who everyone else thought had the drums they desired?any genre... personally it's Skeptikal, Culture Shock,Roska, bambounu, loxy n resound, craggz n parralel, florian mendl

I dont know how to explain it but their drums just sound soo clean and u can hear every single hit!

Tool. I love the natural sound which is captured during recording. Most probably with a well placed pair of overhead mics. I can't really imagine must close mic'ing being used.

Then at the other end of the spectrum. Slipknot.
I love the amount of layered of percussion in Slipknot tracks. Those guys seem to use anything as an instrument. Even a beer keg.

In electronic music its gotta be Current Value & Donny. Some of those drums are so well made its unreal. They aren't just punchy, they pack a lot of character as well!

Koan Sound, Mefjus, Phace and Noisia have some really tight drums as well.

On the lighter side...
Spectrasoul. The drums for Absentis are wicked. Its probably my favourite tune by them.

On the dance floor/liquid side...
I'd say the drums for Logistics - Cosmonought are perfect. Punchy and clean. Not overbearing with high frequency content like a lot of dancefloor liquid stuff.

For tech/minimal its gotta be either Alix Perez or Jubei.
Very consistent and clean with a hint of grit.

For tribal shit its probably J.Robinson.
Some really nice drums!

Just listening to the sound samples on the page have me salivating a bit. The cleanliness of the kicks alone seem to warrant the purchase of the EX edition at least.

Tool. I love the natural sound which is captured during recording. Most probably with a well placed pair of overhead mics. I can't really imagine must close mic'ing being used.

Then at the other end of the spectrum. Slipknot.
I love the amount of layered of percussion in Slipknot tracks. Those guys seem to use anything as an instrument. Even a beer keg.

Agree 100%, especially with regards to Tool. Danny Carey is not human.

Danny_Carey_and_his_drum-kit.jpg

It will be not any producer out there in the world that can beat a human drum machine!
You can use all the eq, effects, editings, NI Battery or samples you want... you wont be born with a fucking drum under your ass like this people!
They shit on our heads! lol

[video=youtube_share;IEcQRwabvUU]http://youtu.be/IEcQRwabvUU[/video]

[video=youtube_share;vTBccpkBClg]http://youtu.be/vTBccpkBClg[/video]

Jojo one of the god as an example...

Last edited:
^^ incredible drumming, I don't think it's possible to come anywhere close to that with a sequencer.

Macc & dgoHn do such a good job of re-sequencing breaks such that they still sound like a live drummer at 170 bpm. The ability to imagine rhythms that way drives me nuts.

Macc & dgoHn do such a good job of re-sequencing breaks such that they still sound like a live drummer at 170 bpm. The ability to imagine rhythms that way drives me nuts.

:slayer:

EDIT:

+1 for Tool & Slipknot drums. On a live drums tip you wanna check people like Modest Mouse, Snot, At The Drive In, The Invisible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom