I'd swap my missus for.......

subprime

Dysjoint
VIP Junglist
Just thought it would be handy for noobs (like me) to see which synths/samplers you can't live without. Not sequencers, just your top three music/noise creating machines (vst). There's so many around and it's easy to spend plenty of coin but which ones would you swap the missus for?
P.S. That workman blaming his tools thing. If you're good enough should you be able to make most good quality synths work, or are there really some that just sound like no other?

Oh, here's the three I'm starting with.

1 Battery3 (easy to edit single hits within the kit)
2 Albino3 (easy layout for noob brains, and I like the modulation matrix)
3 Kontakt3 (haven't had this long but seems like you can mess with the samples all day, and a huge library)

just your top three music/noise creating machines (vst).
first of all, VSTs aint the only noise makers. i wouldnt swap my missus for a cd with some lines of code, thats plain daft..

my 3 choices for some real analogue badness:
alesis andromeda
Andromeda-thumb.jpg

Dave Smith Prophet 08
44757.jpg

TB 303 devilfish mod
2804768820_a9b9f33590.jpg

drool... i hope my baby will understand why she got ditched..

first of all, VSTs aint the only noise makers. i wouldnt swap my missus for a cd with some lines of code, thats plain daft..

Yeah I realise that there's more to music than plugins, but I'm looking at a desk with room for laptop, moniters, midi keyboard and a beer. Not gonna be buying any analogue machines anytime soon. That's why I asked about vsts. And by the way, when my missus keeps bothering me to clean the kitchen, go to the shops or million other things while I'm trying to get some tunes working I'd swap her for a cd, a banana or whatever else you have lying around:twisted:

I would def recomend Z3ta+, Massive, Absynth (for layers), u can also get some dark dark sounds from FM8 but i dont rele use that anymore

Reaktor.....

literally the only thing i couldnt live without....
even if i couldnt sequnce in nuendo i would
still be happy to live out my days quietly making
weird noises....
seriously i freak out if dont open up the thing at
least once a day....

Back
Top Bottom