Drum & Bass I'd love some feedback for this new track

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by kh04p, Jan 1, 2016.

1. kh04p

kh04p New Member

Please enjoy, feedback is extremely appreciated. Thank you :D

2. Rounder RG

Rounder RG Active Member

Nicely put together and all the drum edits must have taken some work. Must admit I was waiting for a kick and snare to come in as I thought the initial drums were filtered as an intro kinda thing. The punch never really arrived. Main sample also is a little loud for me and gets a bit repetitive.

Like the switch up of the drums around 2:30. Has plenty of energy throughout which is nice work.

3. kh04p

kh04p New Member

Heheh thank you for the follow and feedback, I'll make sure to take note of it next time :D

4. Virul

Virul Member

Hey, nice track, quite smooth !

I agree with that, I actually really like how the snare is sounding, too bad it's not a bit more in the foreground. The kick is barely audible on my side, it's seems like the whole track is quite light in the low range.
    Maybe the drumbreaks at 0:44 and 2:30 could be a bit louder as well, to have more impact on the switch.

Hope that helps :)

5. kh04p

kh04p New Member

thank you I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time! And about the low end I couldn't get anything going except the sub, the sample is pretty hard to work with so I can barely fill in the low range :confused:

6. BattleteK

BattleteK Active Member

Really uplifting track, love those jazzy vibes! Kick snare can indeed be a bit more visible, but I do not have other critics for now. Buildup is also subtle and fitting for this track. Good Job

7. BinstonVanGogh

BinstonVanGogh New Member

Echoing what others have said i think the sample could be used more sparingly throughout rather than just repeating.

I like the drums but would have probably excluded them from the intro.

Other than that I think the mix could be better some elements are too loud for my liking