ID challenge

moodspell

Hello all! I have been trying to search for these tracks to no avail, searches have resultedin nothing, and I cannot find my tapes to upload any audio segments for you, so apologies in advance.
Ill do my best to describe the most outstanding parts in the hope that someone might recognise them:

#1 A sample from WuTang "catch the blast of the hype verse" is used throughout as a verse end. It has a nice buildup, some airy discordant-ish pads in the backgroundwith a steady 2 step break with a "bouncy" mid bass and snappy snare. It has a phat amen chop at the end of every 8th bar or there abouts. Some 808n claves are used as a back rhythm, which is a sort of buildup to the last part of the song where it plays out using the bonus beats tambourine drumloop. I heard this around year 1999-2001

#2 Dark and bleak sounding track, not unlike anything DJ Die would make, using a sample from Jacobs Ladder movie which goes something like :"if you're fightened of dying and you're holding on, you see devils tearing your life away, but if you've made your peace the devils are really angels." t has a nice harsh 2step drum track and some abrasive pads.

#3 Best I can do is a sample that is roughly "...cleans the dirty smell of depression from hollywood" in that 50s radio voice in the middle before the music it goes up a notch. There is a discordant filtered saw synth in the background with some nice broken 2step rythm. Amen beats back up the other drum track after the vocal sample, with some squelchy filtered bass.

Again all of these I heard around 1999-2001 not that it means these tunes were made then but I think they were current at the time.

This is about as much as I can dredge from my memory, but any pointers would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom