Icicle

DJ SCUBA

Vinyl Addict
VIP Junglist
Just wondered what peoples views were of this new up and coming producer...

I can see what he's trying to achieve, but its just not grabbing me. His tunes seem a little too empty and need something extra imo. But then I look and see that he's sold out some of his promos, so he's gotta be doing something right...

opinions?

hit and miss. in another 3-6 months i'm sure they'll all be smashers. definatly digging where he's heading though.
liking nympho as well, that new one he's got commin out on critical is a nice sci fi roller.

i like his minimal stylings. they roll nicely in the mix and can break a mix right down, take it places it wouldn''t normally go.

he's playing at the renegade hardware night next week*

I think they Icicle and Nymfo work well as a duo but i'm not really feeling the solo stuff yet but look at Subfocus's stuff now compared to when he released on Frequency......its different gravy. They are sure to get even better.

Icicle is a sick producer full stop...
I love those minimal beats..... We ned more of this stuff in dnb right now everythuing is far too hectic and gay!

:word:

Strange Fruit, Weak Moments & Lost Hours are all top quality. I play at least one of these everytime im on my decks!

Back
Top Bottom