icicle - under the ice lp

slugoffice

ribs !
does anyone have any info on this?? is it gonna be mainly dnb or dubstep??

post this for good measure

Last edited by a moderator:
no idea about it, but I think it will probably be 50/50.
I don't really see Icicle doing a breakage and having 2 dnb tracks and the rest dubstep

gonna be released in march btw..

everything ice writes smashes it, he cant go wrong tbh

cant wait to hear dreadnaught and some new bits at hardware on saturday whilst im not at metalheadz :teeth:

Icicle is the best thing about Shogun imo. He's a fucking genius. Every tune he does has that quirky icicleness about it. I still haven't taken Driftwood out of my bag since I bought it.

Roll on March I say.

i like all of his shit a lot, but some times its bit too formula and not enough variation. Look at guys like break who used to be like that in large part. Then break comes out with a monster LP 'Resistance' with a bit more variety than his first LP a step in the right direction for sure. I'm stoked on icicle's LP, just hope its got enough to make it an album and not just a couple singles.

He said in an interview that it will feature, d&b (mostly), dubstep & techno.
Am I the only one seeing a similarity between dreadnought, king stays king remix, set it off remix? All sound pretty much the same. All of them are sick, I love them. I love Icicle's style but then again, I hope - no I'm sure he will come up with some diverse shit! Full Moon, Reincarnation (!!!), Back To The Future are all brilliant. I will love this LP like I still love Alix's, can't wait!

i like all of his shit a lot, but some times its bit too formula and not enough variation. Look at guys like break who used to be like that in large part. Then break comes out with a monster LP 'Resistance' with a bit more variety than his first LP a step in the right direction for sure. I'm stoked on icicle's LP, just hope its got enough to make it an album and not just a couple singles.

Ye breaks pulled it out the bag and im in no way criticising break because he makes my top 5 everyday for the tunes hes produced but his album is full of collabs so hes going to have a lot of different sounds... like slow down with die is going to sound a lot different to martyr with spectrasoul and dont look down with calyx n teebee etc, this is icicles first ep... and from what ive heard of his sound so far this could win the best album in march for the whole year!

Back
Top Bottom