Icicle through time mixed by Bitz

Bitz

iciclethroughtime.jpg

Enter into the world of mighty Icicle...from liquid rollers in early days with lot of vocal samples, organic breaks & warm pads, he build up his production skills to cleaner, bare and more detail-based sound, aiming on speakers to pulsate :)

01. Icicle & Nympho - Hand rolled cigarettes (Renegade 2007)
02. Icicle & Switch - Do I move you (Lucky Devil 2007)
03. Icicle & Switch - Ur in my head (Fokuz 2007)
04. Icicle - Still U (Celsius 2007)
05. Icicle & Switch - These golden days (Avalanche 2007)
06. Icicle - Can't be (Fokuz LTD 2007)
07. Icicle & Switch - Looking away (Osiris 2008)
08. Icicle & Nymfo - Adrift (Crunch 2008)
09. Icicle - Lost hours (Critical 2008)
10. Icicle - Infectious funk (Shogun 2008)
11. Icicle - Spartan (Shogun 2008)
12. Icicle & Spectrasoul - Wounded (Shogun LTD 2008)
13. Icicle, Alix Perez & Switch - This is how (Shogun LTD 2008)
14. Icicle - Strange fruit (Soul:R 2008)
15. Icicle & Nymfo - Franky mountain (RAM 2008)
16. Icicle & Alix Perez - Caution (Subtitles 2009)
17. Icicle - Cold revenge (Renegade Hardware 2009)
18. Icicle & Noisia - Driftwood (Shogun 2009)
19. Icicle - Time (Shogun 2009)
20. Icicle - Minimal funk (Shogun 2010)
21. Icicle ft. DRS - Bitter taste (Shogun 2011)
22. Icicle - I feel U (Shogun 2011)
23. Noisia & Phace - Floating zero (Icicle rmx) (Invisible 2011)
24. Icicle & Commix - Ultra clean (Shogun 2011)
25. Icicle - Arrows (Shogun 2011)
26. Icicle - Alien groove (Shogun 2011)
27. Friction & KTee - Set it off (Icicle rmx) (Shogun 2011)
28. Icicle ft. SP:MC - Dreadnaught (Shogun 2011)

Listen & download: http://soundcloud.com/djordjebitz

:tank:

Mmm, really nice rolling mix Bitz! Liked pretty much the whole mix. There were a fair few little tweaks in there, the odd one stood out a bit. Been tempted to do a whole mix by one artist for a little while. Hopefully string something together in the future. Wicked start with Hand Rolled Cigarettes. Not heard Still U before. That Adrift tune that comes in at 17:55 is a beast man! Not heard that before. Thanks for bringing it my attention! :) Always nice hearing Frankie Mountain in a mix. Was cool hearing you mix I Feel You with the vocal just before the drop. I like mixing it like that, but it was apparently made with the vocal as the first bit of the tune after the drop.

Would have liked to hear some of the tunes mix in, as opposed to fading / switching them at the drop, but I know alot of dj's do this nowadays. Its just a personal preference thing, not knocking your mixing. Not much for 2010 either. Interested in hearing more from you man. Keep it up

Mmm, really nice rolling mix Bitz! Liked pretty much the whole mix. There were a fair few little tweaks in there, the odd one stood out a bit. Been tempted to do a whole mix by one artist for a little while. Hopefully string something together in the future. Wicked start with Hand Rolled Cigarettes. Not heard Still U before. That Adrift tune that comes in at 17:55 is a beast man! Not heard that before. Thanks for bringing it my attention! :) Always nice hearing Frankie Mountain in a mix. Was cool hearing you mix I Feel You with the vocal just before the drop. I like mixing it like that, but it was apparently made with the vocal as the first bit of the tune after the drop.

Would have liked to hear some of the tunes mix in, as opposed to fading / switching them at the drop, but I know alot of dj's do this nowadays. Its just a personal preference thing, not knocking your mixing. Not much for 2010 either. Interested in hearing more from you man. Keep it up
I love doing all by ... mixes, as part of promotion for upcoming gig, this mix is interesting in a way that you can easily listen where was Icicle's production 5 years ago, and where it's today. I prefer his earlier works. Still U is one of my favourites, been chasing for that vinyl for few years, and bought it recently :) Adrift is a part of wicked LP on Crunch, check it out, there are few really nice tunes on it.

I prefer mixing tunes right in, but if incoming one has drop as intro for me this is the best solution, but a must is that samples on each tune combine well with each other.

Tnx for extensive review!

Back
Top Bottom