Icicle & Mefjus - Contemporary - forthcoming critical

Nice wasn't feeling the Foreign Concept EP but this sounds fucking BIG!

Will be bagging...

Tis a good combination - sounds more Mefjus orientated than Icicle though.

Looking forward to hearing the rest of this EP.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I personally think it's garbage. This Neosignalish music seems to be popular (God knows why) at the moment, while it's barely listenable, nearly unmixable and you definitely can't dance to something like this. The only bearable part comes on the second drop, otherwise it's just a random noise for me, something like you're watching your TV, sitting on your couch and all of a sudden a derailed train runs through your living room.

you definitely can't dance to something like this.

not-sure-if-serious.jpg

yeah the train quote would actually describe a good thing :teeth:

have to say I agree a bit with fg, the first part of the drop is too undanceable second part of he drop goes off though

Crazy! I get what you are saying FG, and I usually agree with you on most things, but I think the way that it starts of with this crazy percussion and then goes off into complete tear out is really big. Would not call it groundbreaking or unique, but still a really original production which keeps building and doesn't just loop and loop and loop. So, I'm a fan overall, and can't wait to hear the rest of the EP!

Re: Icicle & Mefjus - Contemporary - forthcoming critical

yes mefjuice, big.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't listen to much techy stuff (is this even techy? lol) but neosignal & mefjus are doing it right! Get what you're saying though. If the production wasn't so pristine, I wouldn't find it very interesting.

Pretty much everything Mefjus touches turns into gold, this is unbelievable.

you definitely can't dance to something like this. .

Don't see why you can't dance to it though :/ It's got at least one kick and one snare in the right place, that's all you need.. Unless you're trying to body bop to the percussion, in which case you're f*cked.

Last edited:
Well hello any other mefjus track. This stuff is just way to technical for me, absolutely loses every vibe a track can have when it's just about how sick a production can be. I'm with FG as well. Doesn't sound like Icicle at all..

Yeh, I'm with FG, apart from the "you definitely can't dance to something like this" bit.

Too choppy changing for me till the 2nd 32 bars comes in. Might have to mix it from the drop if I pick it up.
Next level production on this though, as you would expect from those 2 producers.

Want to see what else is on the EP before making my mind up about a purchase when it see's the light of day

I agree with FG and Encounter as well. He is just too hard and he leaves me vibeless. Although, credit to Mefjus, he is a good producer and all but still it's too harsh for me. Would like to see how he would produce a melodic D&B track, if we ever see a track from him in a melodic manner.

i think its hench, i can see what you mean about the first section though. i also think

"some tunes dont need to be double dropped"

i dont think this was made to be a mix tool, just drop it on its own then switch out before the middle section, or before the ending after 2nd drop. (imo)

I agree with FG and Encounter as well. He is just too hard and he leaves me vibeless. Although, credit to Mefjus, he is a good producer and all but still it's too harsh for me. Would like to see how he would produce a melodic D&B track, if we ever see a track from him in a melodic manner.

Well Struggle & Pain was a bit more mellow, shame the vocals were shit

Back
Top Bottom