Icicle & Mefjus - Contemporary - forthcoming critical

quite the discussion going on in here

and haha wayne, everyone is entitled to his own taste :teeth:

C'mon, drum & bass is a dance music after all. When it comes to the tearout stuff like this, you just want to go out to a club to hear it out on a proper system and skank to it.

I dunno, I think this is gonna sound pretty nuts in my car. It's nice "I'm late for work, drive like a nutcase" music.

solid and would go off for sure, no denying that.

personally i think this track in particular is a little meh, first few times itl be good to hear but get old very fast in my opinion. well produced but it feels a bit messy and ott imo.

i am sure that the other 3 tracks will be pretty different and diverse, so am definitely looking forward to those. the tune i heard mefjus close outlook with in particular with was similar to this but a lot better, so hoping that's on there!

Overcomplicated on the first drop and totally lacking groove throughout - which is unusual for a tune with Icicle's name on it

The best tunes always revolve around a simple, catchy groove, even ones with a more techy slant IMO
Compare this to a Sinthetix or Konflict tune for example

Lots of people will love this though

Overcomplicated on the first drop and totally lacking groove throughout - which is unusual for a tune with Icicle's name on it

The best tunes always revolve around a simple, catchy groove, even ones with a more techy slant IMO
Compare this to a Sinthetix or Konflict tune for example

Lots of people will love this though

Was lacking to express my feelings so thank you for putting it in words :2thumbs:

Re: Icicle & Mefjus - Contemporary - forthcoming critical

Maybe that was a terrible post - I am in a pretty bad mood

Just occasionally get annoyed while listening to DnB that every tune has a structure, Daft Punk said that they tried to produce Get Lucky as if the Internet didnt exist, and it became arguably one of the most original tunes in the Top 40 for years and people loved it (though yes, now its overplayed to fuck, but thats the radios fault), and sometimes I think what if DnB was made without the DJ in mind? Jungle didnt have a strong tune structure and Id like to see what producers could come up with now if they said fuck it.

No I think you were spot on! I just see songs with weird structures as a challenge to make interesting mixes with them.. already had a few ideas for how to mix this one!

- - - Updated - - -

and guys, i think the POINT of the first "drop" is that it's too glitchy, so it's even better when the bit after the voice "contemporary" comes in.. i wouldn't even call the first bit the drop, it's more like a heavy intro

was hoping it would be a bit more Icicle centric but its still alright, sounds too much like Noisia

thats not a bad thing but i cant hear any icicle influence at all

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I personally think it's garbage. This Neosignalish music seems to be popular (God knows why) at the moment, while it's barely listenable, nearly unmixable and you definitely can't dance to something like this. The only bearable part comes on the second drop, otherwise it's just a random noise for me, something like you're watching your TV, sitting on your couch and all of a sudden a derailed train runs through your living room.

screechy stuff isn't listenable either man :D

Seems pretty obvious to me that everything before the first "Contemporary" sample is an intro--- it's just a really long build.

was hoping it would be a bit more Icicle centric but its still alright, sounds too much like Noisia

thats not a bad thing but i cant hear any icicle influence at all

You should hear the previous early version. Straight bad ass roller and less glitches, for me way better than the one that will actually gonna be released but either way it's a sick tune...

I love these teaser videos critical puts out

Pre order up on the 11th

Last edited by a moderator:

^^^ beat me too it again man

come-at-me-bro-meme-anteater.jpg

:jacko:

Back
Top Bottom