Icicle - Differentia EP - Shogun Audio (3rd June)

Been playing this one again recently, still goes hard -

This one is a great example of what made Icicle good in the first place - he had a unique and 'cold' sound which came about through his outstanding sound design and emphasis on huge kick drums and sub bass paired with sparse atmospherics -

And his first release, which is still probably the quintessential Icicle tune for me. Just so simple and grounded in a good groove -

This new noise he's making is just garbage IMO, there's nothing interesting about it

There was also a REALLY good set he did with SP:MC from Fabric, it was going around online maybe 2010 sort of time, and the first 30 minutes were pure rollers before he started playing dubstep for the second half. I remember it was one of the first times I'd heard Footcrab, so roughly whenever that tune came out. Can't find the set online anywhere now though.

Been playing this one again recently, still goes hard -

This one is a great example of what made Icicle good in the first place - he had a unique and 'cold' sound which came about through his outstanding sound design and emphasis on huge kick drums and sub bass paired with sparse atmospherics -

That was such a good album!

z

Battered this one, although its actually called "Archive" and not "Strange Fruit" which was the Switch tune on the flip of the 10"

I always thought Icicle and Nymfo and Martyn and to a lesser extent Martsman all sounded like Full Cycle could have sounded if they had kept on making deep interesting tunes instead of going full on wobble on us.

Mad that tunes like Frozen and the Subtitles 12" arent even on Youtube properly.

Ultraclean has to be one of my favourite dnb tunes of all time. Love that tune! Also battered Lost Hours and my mate used to batter Late Nights when that came out, could say equally as good as one a other. And both sides of that Frozen release are great. Gotta give a shout to his colabs with Nymfo. Love how simply haunting the first one below is and what a hook in the second

Obscure one this, don't think he did all that many tunes under that name:

Frozen's been posted above, and didn't know this one was Icicle (although I probably should've known that), nice.

no full length track upload but long enough worth posting

I listened these tunes, where is the neurofunk bass?

Not sure if trolling.

Icicle has never been known for neurofunk.. He had his own style that was dubbed 'icestep' by some of his fans, they are largely steppers or rollers with big sub bass and a distinct aesthetic which put him in his own category.

Last edited:

TBH whilst I don't really dig the new stuff, I get it. He's made music for years, you can understand why he wants to push himself to see what he's capable of making in terms of pure production. It just means i won't buy it.

I won't deny I like his old stuff more (many of his "anthems" have already been mentioned), still, I really like Differentia as I feel it's pushing the boundaries of production once again. Finally the sterile and cold/soulless modern neurofunk sound gets pushed further by the originality and vibe again.

Not sure if trolling.

Icicle has never been known for neurofunk.. He had his own style that was dubbed 'icestep' by some of his fans, they are largely steppers or rollers with big sub bass and a distinct aesthetic which put him in his own category.
I'm sorry I do not understand.

For me Icicle is one of the best in neurofunk, right behind Noisia, BSE and the inventor of neurofunk and my favourit dnb hero, Mefjus :)

Long live neurofunk!! :D

I'm sorry I do not understand.

For me Icicle is one of the best in neurofunk, right behind Noisia, BSE and the inventor of neurofunk and my favourit dnb hero, Mefjus :)

Long live neurofunk!! :D
triggered.png

Back
Top Bottom