Icarus - Ride This Train (Ivy Lab Remix)

Standard goodness from the Ivy Lab guys, they've had such a big year separately and collectively!

I'm clearly in the minority, but I'm starting to get tired of Ivy Lab's drum & bass output, too. Basically anything any one of them does solo is much better than their joint efforts lately. Halogenix's EP was rad, Stray's EP as well... All those remixes just start to sound too samey and I'm not a huge fan of that glitchy drumwork they are pushing. Just my two cents...

I'm clearly in the minority, but I'm starting to get tired of Ivy Lab's drum & bass output, too. Basically anything any one of them does solo is much better than their joint efforts lately. Halogenix's EP was rad, Stray's EP as well... All those remixes just start to sound too samey and I'm not a huge fan of that glitchy drumwork they are pushing. Just my two cents...

I actually think they're remixes are really refreshing, they've got a really unique sound. But on the subject of releases vs remixes.. aren't artists given like two weeks to do a remix, it's not a natural process so obviously stuff is gonna get regurgitated especially if they're hot property dropping a remix every couple of months. Halogenix put that EP together over the course of at least a year as far as I'm aware

I would agree that their remixes can sound samey, but not bothered cos i absolutely love their liquidy/techy sound

According to Beatport their last remix was Lenzman Remix? I didn't buy it but it's not a bad remix per se. The last couple they did, TC, Sub Focus, Mefjus Remixes were all pretty cool and different IMO, got them all. It's probably more of a fact that Halogenix this year came in and did similar stuff and now it's just a tad bit too much of that particular sound? Going back to this remix, It's alright but prolly not going to bag it.

Back
Top Bottom