I would like some feedback on our podcast pleeeeze

TongueFlap

Flappin'
VIP Junglist
EZ!

So...

Our podcast was launched around July/Aug 2009 and was onyl getting 1-3 subscribers/downloads a day, haha! 11 months later our podcast has over 9000 Itunes subscribers and has had over 10k non-itunes downloads. Were also getting about 50-70 new subscribers every day, so things are going smooth. Ive put in hours and hours of work every day/week/month to make this work, so its gradually paying off.

In July the TFR's podcast will be 1. Im uploading a tripple mix featuring Dexcell, Bad Ace & Xilent. I will also chuck in some new dubs for good measure.

But... Does anyone have any feedback for me? Do you like it? Is it crap? Think anything can be changed?

Niceone! Feedback below, Pretty please.

the podcasts rocks mate! keep doing what ur doing!

the only thing i think you could do to make it marginally better is, splitting up the tracks /artwork and having track info, similar to what the hospital podcasts do, or what the digital soundboy podcasts did slightly better when they were doing them.

the podcasts rocks mate! keep doing what ur doing!

the only thing i think you could do to make it marginally better is, splitting up the tracks /artwork and having track info, similar to what the hospital podcasts do, or what the digital soundboy podcasts did slightly better when they were doing them.

Cheers for the feedback Teddy. Yeh Jack and I did look into the artwork shiz, but this is for Itunes only. They are called enhanced podcasts which are created in garage band. The file format will only be recognised by Itunes and Apple Ipods/phones. Kinda sucks because they look the business! Inless anyone knows a way round this?

I like it man.
Fuck artwork. I don't use itoones anyway.

Always got a good showcase of tuneage and the guest mixes are always well picked.

To summarise.
Dooooooooooooooooooooon't stop.....belieeeeeeevin!!!!!!!!

I like it man.
Fuck artwork. I don't use itoones anyway.

Always got a good showcase of tuneage and the guest mixes are always well picked.

To summarise.
Dooooooooooooooooooooon't stop.....belieeeeeeevin!!!!!!!!

Wicked mate, glad you like. I try to find the best content possible without rinsing the obvious. Thanks!

yea that drop n roll mix you had a few months ago was off the hook ;)

seriously though i don't think there's a huge amount you can improve, if i was going to try to be critical id say maybe just neaten up some of the conversations you guys have but to be fair the conv has improved alot since the first few podcasts.

What about interveiwing more producers/promoters too. that could add a little more variation to things.

keep on it lads. peace

:sing: ^^^ exactly what i was about to say. in the beginnings you were a bit annoying, but that has gone for the better now. would like some more interviews with the guys doing the mixes or maybe a producer of a tune your playing aswell.

aslong as youve got consistently good mixes, with tight mixing, variation etc. then youve got nothing to worry about.
your doin a good job atm, i dnt really think you need to change anything really

Cheers for the feedback Teddy. Yeh Jack and I did look into the artwork shiz, but this is for Itunes only. They are called enhanced podcasts which are created in garage band. The file format will only be recognised by Itunes and Apple Ipods/phones. Kinda sucks because they look the business! Inless anyone knows a way round this?

You can play .m4a with almost every music player. Not sure if other then ipod/iphones can use the ability of showing pictures and chapters. You can export files from Garageband as an .mp3 but it's without the chapters/images. It's really just a matter of time to get everything sorted with chapters and pictures to make it available as an iTunes Podcast and ofc you need a software to make one. I use Garageband not sure what other products there are around.

yea that drop n roll mix you had a few months ago was off the hook ;)

seriously though i don't think there's a huge amount you can improve, if i was going to try to be critical id say maybe just neaten up some of the conversations you guys have but to be fair the conv has improved alot since the first few podcasts.

What about interveiwing more producers/promoters too. that could add a little more variation to things.

keep on it lads. peace
Cheeky
:sing: ^^^ exactly what i was about to say. in the beginnings you were a bit annoying, but that has gone for the better now. would like some more interviews with the guys doing the mixes or maybe a producer of a tune your playing aswell.

aslong as youve got consistently good mixes, with tight mixing, variation etc. then youve got nothing to worry about.
your doin a good job atm, i dnt really think you need to change anything really

Yeh the 1st couple were shaaabbby i agree. I listened to some back and thought what the fuuuu.. hahaha. Cheers for the honest feedback tho!!

Yeh I had thought about the interviews idea. The only thing which may be a problem is how to pull it off. I have an idea tho :)

You can play .m4a with almost every music player. Not sure if other then ipod/iphones can use the ability of showing pictures and chapters. You can export files from Garageband as an .mp3 but it's without the chapters/images. It's really just a matter of time to get everything sorted with chapters and pictures to make it available as an iTunes Podcast and ofc you need a software to make one. I use Garageband not sure what other products there are around.

Thanks man, I will be looking into this.

Back
Top Bottom