I wish i could become like Hoax (Genetix)

Manny

Im right now venting that i could have their knowledge they have on making some really cool basslines from when it comes to jump up or they're dubstep. Is their anyway in reason perferbly malstrom cause thats the only synth i can really understand really well i can get sounds like this

and

i know this is probably easy since its saw waves as it sounds (i hope) but anyway i can get that sort of noise in malstrom or someone to walk me like a baby through the process to synths like this so i can get some sort of idea of how i should approch this type of situation.

Sorry for being annoying about this but everyone on this forum seems a lot nicer and more helping than dubstepforum since they get datsik and brostep questions all the time.
so please help

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Try waveforms like PWM, DXSuspence, TibetanMonks, Elektronik. Turn the motion all the way down on them and maybe play about with the 'shift' dial (only a small amount though)

Use distortion on the Tube or Fuzz setting (Or both if you want) then send that through a UN-16 Unison to thicken the sound up, and EQ to get it sounding nice and fit in the mix in the right places.

Should have something mildly similar but you won't just be able to jump into synthesis and get sounds as good as theirs...

Hope thats helped

thats it man keep at it and you'll eventually catch on and start to get your head round the way big producers go about getting certain sounds ;)

I didn't even listen to the bits, but at least in dnb it's the cool thing now (or maybe its so 2009 already) to split your bass into 2 or 3 parts and process them differently. Have your synth go to 2 or 3 different channels; lowpass one so it's only the sub ( < 100hz ) on that channel, then other channel for low mids-mids (100Hz-800Hz) and the highs ( > 800Hz ). You can maybe have reverb on the highs, chorus and distortion on the mids, weird LFO movement on both etc... Makes for a much more interesting sound than what you get straight out of a synth.

ive been working on all the techniques sorted above and some from doa and im getting way better results. I've also been expermienting as well so many hours and patience and persistence = (y)

thanks again for the tips everyone

Back
Top Bottom