i was in the record shop today...

nafe1

sea turtles mate
VIP Junglist
...and bagged this new Vital Elements tune with a Mocheeba sample in it?
but their was nothing stated on the sleeve like "feat. Mocheeba" or "Mocheeba remix", can you just sample whatever you like without asking?
im getting in to producing very soon and theirs quotes and sounds from movies i want to include in my music, can i just do it without asking?

I'm pretty sure you would have to ask permission, as otherwise it would be a breach of copyright... Not sure if you would have to include references on a release though, providing you already had consent.

I've never done it myself though, just an educated guess.

america is a shit-load tighter than the uk - you may aswell use samples and if they're gonna get properly released then check

america is a shit-load tighter than the uk - you may aswell use samples and if they're gonna get properly released then check

very good point

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

was that rounder records i'm guessing?

nah, i pretty much go into RK Bass every time now, il need a good reason to go elsewhere

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

And that was another one that got nicked coz i left it in kfc

I suppose you can yeah.

So, for example, if you grabbed the vocal from Pokerface and slung a DnB beat under it. If it ever got a release, it would probably be labled as 'unknown artist' and sold as a bootleg to protect the producer.

Back
Top Bottom