I want to get into DNB

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by basscreator, Dec 16, 2015.

1. basscreator

basscreator New Member

Hi everybody,

my biggest passion is Hardcore (and Hardstyle) music and I spend a lot of time producing it. Since some time however I feel the dnb groove a lot and it has almost become my second favourite genre and has a lot of influence also on my production. However, I still haven´t managed to get an overview as a fan over the scene (all subgenres, most important artists to know, biggest parties etc) and despite liking the genre a lot I know very few tracks and just listen to whatever youtube gives me when searching for dnb. Obviously as a producer I don´t know a lot about it either, what I find especially difficult for example is understanding how a dnb track is arranged.

That´s why I signed up here, to get more into the genre, be able to talk about it, listen to it, form a taste and criticize tracks and to learn also producing it from producers who have devoted all the time into it that I have devoted to hardcore. Of course for now I strive to make the dnb parts in my hardcore tracks more authentic and well-produced but eventually I want to be able also to create full lenght 100% dnb tracks.

Hope this forum will finally help me to learn more about this beautiful yet obscure (to me) kind of music and I hope to have a nice stay of course!

Cheers, basscreator (not my artist nick btw)

2. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

basically, you know all that distortion you like in hardstyle, yeah?

imagine that, but all like, better and stuff.

3. basscreator

basscreator New Member

So what´s bad about the distortion in Hardstyle? What makes it a so much worse genre than dnb?