i want to buy a timecode setup.. which one has te option to mix using only 1 turntabl

drum_master

Hi lads
the title says all. Iven reading about tractor pro and serrato but i couldnt find the option to mix with one turntable. the thing is that i would like to have a minimal setup (for confort and transport), but still be using timecode vinils.

I accept suggestions ...

cheers

DM

Re: i want to buy a timecode setup.. which one has te option to mix using only 1 turn

Serato lets you use one turntable.

Re: i want to buy a timecode setup.. which one has te option to mix using only 1 turn

I must be missing someting here but how do you mix with only one turntable? On Traktor you can mix 2 decks just on the software so im sure you can do that with only one deck and the software. Have one set to internal playback and one on external (y)

yea but tracktor does not have "invert deck" option to route the signal from one deck to the other. recently i saw a video on youtube that uses serrato vinyls on virtual dj, it apears to be runing very smooth. and allowsme to use my fastrack usb soundcard.

Serato allows for one deck mixing, my mate had to use it at a night when one of the 1210's decided to stop outputting a right channel.

i think that switching the deck is waaay more easy than carring both and pluggin both in my gigs (of course im not a pro) but, i dont see the major diference for mixing my tracks, beatmaching, backspining, etc... of course ill have to try it to give a honest opinion

I am so confused lol!

how do ya mix with one turntable? id like to know because i always thought you needed 2 tunes playing to be able to mix them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gloxxy thanks for the video, that whas what i was lookin for.,

im sorry guys if my english make it sound confusing.
ill explain

The reason im asking this to you is because im mainly a producer and i dont have much dj expirience. using one turtable lets me keep using my asio card (m audio fastrack only 1 imput) to mix. i have only one good turtable to mix, the other its broken.

ive seen that using (i saw it on youtube) 1 turntable + serrato vinyl + asio soundcard (m audio fastrack) and a soft (saw it with virtual dj)
you play the track on deck A and wile its playing you switch decks (tab key on virtual Dj) and use the same turntable to beatmatch it to deck B.
then when deck B is playing you swich to deck A and so on...

iveen looking for this on youtube an finaly got to know this soft (virtual Dj) looks very decent and no so expensive. and the best part is that i can make a
timecode setup using my soundcard. (buying only the soft an 1 vinyl its easier and cheaper than buyin serrato or tracktor pro).

what do you guys think???

cheers
dm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom